Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/05 -12/11 South Korea got MUGGED

KawadaSmile

I'm sure @KawadaSmile is disappointed, but Brazil's match followed the classic wrestling match trope of "Arrogant wrestler becomes complacent and gets caught out by the underdog". A parallel that springs to mind is Liger vs. Sasuke Super J Cup where Liger let his guard down after Sasuke slipped, even after seeing how resilient the underdog was.

At least Liger bossed that match, unlike Brazil. They bought into their own hype after the South Korea game and delivered an underwhelming, pigheaded performance that didn't adapt to a organized and composed opponent. The 2018 elimination was much more noble.

9 hours ago, Microstatistics said:

I'm sure @KawadaSmile is disappointed, but Brazil's match followed the classic wrestling match trope of "Arrogant wrestler becomes complacent and gets caught out by the underdog". A parallel that springs to mind is Liger vs. Sasuke Super J Cup where Liger let his guard down after Sasuke slipped, even after seeing how resilient the underdog was.

At least Liger bossed that match, unlike Brazil. They bought into their own hype after the South Korea game and delivered an underwhelming, pigheaded performance that didn't adapt to a organized and composed opponent. The 2018 elimination was much more noble.

I agree! One also can note that in 2018 and even moreso now, Brazil refused to fight "dirty" when it came down to the wire and paid the price. Much like a babyface refusing to make the most out of a referee bump and getting clapped afterwards - hello, Adam Page! - we refused to foul, do blatant tackles and holds to stop an obvious chance, and got our asses sent back home.

We should learn how to work snug. Bryan Danielson knew how to be a prick even as a babyface. Why shouldn't we do the same? 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Can't wait until Gable Stevenson feuds with Matt Riddle in a "proofs were insufficient" on a pole match.

Gable Stevenson's case is even worse than that.

51 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

*sigh*

"The culture has changed" my ass.

Speaking of being angry and depressed, can the British football team do me a favor and Joan of Arc the French idiots tonight ? And maybe if someone could bash Lloris's face in as to teach him to say really stupid fucking shit like "gotta respect the culture of the country you're in". Thanks in advance. God save the Queen or something.

12 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Just my opinion, that New Day/ Ricochet vs. Imperium match smoked all of the Elite/DT matches in the Best if 7 so far. 

Didn’t see it, but even though I’m super tired of New Day, I would still much rather see them work than any of the individuals or teams in the Best of 7 series.