Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 12/28-30

Johnny Sorrow

14 minutes ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

I don't know about you guys but I am glad this whole Best of 7 thing is almost finally over.

Just now, Jmare007 said:

I think this series is one of the few things all of PWO agrees on.

It’s going to go the full 7, because God hates me.

in all seriousness, I have to believe that the most devoted, die hard, unshakable Elite/AEW fans are starting to get tired of this shit. It never ends, the same crap every week. It’s almost exhausting. I barely cared win the series started, but they have managed to make me care even less now.

5 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

It’s going to go the full 7, because God hates me.

in all seriousness, I have to believe that the most devoted, die hard, unshakable Elite/AEW fans are starting to get tired of this shit. It never ends, the same crap every week. It’s almost exhausting. I barely cared win the series started, but they have managed to make me care even less now.

I mean, it works for the live crowd but I honestly don't think anyone watching thinks this is an epic series or that these teams are elevating one another or that the belts are being elevated either. It's just fun flippy shit (or amazing flippy shit depending on how much you like the style) we get to watch weekly. I don't think it's bad, it's just whatever.

Having said that, I'm expecting some insane shit to happen in two weeks. I hope Rey Fenix survives.

It’s not that it’s flippy shit. I expect that from the AEW Trios Division. But it’s just non stop  car crash spots over and over and over again by the same two teams, week in, week out. When you don’t enforce any rules to begin with, matches with no rules as a stipulation really don’t mean anything special. It’s just desensitizing at this point. Next time there’s ladders. Whoopee, who gives a shit.

Trios match sucked. I can imagine that it might be fun to watch live, but on TV it comes across as combining the worst of pro wrestling psychology with the worst of stage combat psychology, like Wild West stunt show meets Cirque du Soleil. More power to you if it’s your thing, but it’s decidedly not mine.

Acclaimed music video absolutely slapped.

Women’s match was awkward and amateurish, not a good way to capitalize on the momentum from last week’s main event.

Joe vs Wardlow was aight, prob Wardlow’s best singles match, but Wardlow has been incredibly poorly served by the booking. This wasn’t remotely hot enough of an angle to justify cutting the man bun off, and the man bun was a genuinely distinctive aspect of Wardlow’s look.