Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 12/28-30

Johnny Sorrow

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Way to make your hunky big man look less hunky, TK.

I was going to say…the dude gets attacked backstage with a pipe so he barely makes it to the ring, he fails to get revenge on the guy who attacked him (after betraying him) and he loses. Then he gets his hair cut off and essentially has to be rescued by a guy who weighs about half what he does. Not exactly booked strong. 

Not that I really care, honestly. Based on their last match I would way rather see Joe/Darby II anyhow. But I almost feel a bit bad for Wardlow.

12 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Well, I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb because this was incredible. 

I'm with you. Felt the best of 7 was starting to get stale when they went to the gimmick matches, but the Falls Count Anywhere stip really allowed those guys to be at their creative best. Very fun match, and I'm always excited for Young Bucks ladder matches.

10 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I was going to say…the dude gets attacked backstage with a pipe so he barely makes it to the ring, he fails to get revenge on the guy who attacked him (after betraying him) and he loses. Then he gets his hair cut off and essentially has to be rescued by a guy who weighs about half what he does. Not exactly booked strong. 

Not that I really care, honestly. Based on their last match I would way rather see Joe/Darby II anyhow. But I almost feel a bit bad for Wardlow.

Wardlow has been booked like shit ever since winning the TNT Belt. They managed to build him nicely, got him over, then his long awaited win was made a non-issue due to MJF throwing a fit. And then... nothing.

56 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Personally, I am hoping this leads to a gimmick where Samoa Joe systematically goes through the entire roster, one person at a time, until there are ZERO man buns left.

This would make Joe the biggest babyface in wrestling history.

I find it very weird that they didn't build the 1/4 show that much. It has Starks vs Jericho but not much else. At first I thought the main selling point was going to be Danielson vs MJF considering it's in Seattle but so far Dragon doesn't have anything important booked for Wednesday (missed opportunity, imo).

The 1/11 show with the ladder match and Saraya's mystery partner feels like a bigger deal.

9 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Middling ratings again this week, 876,000. I’m interested to see how they redo the look, but it definitely seems like the dedicated audience has shrunk.

Seems younger people were watching Bowl games, the demo was pretty low this week.

16 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

I guess we'll get a MJF/Danielson angle next week but color me disappointment that his "homecoming" match is against Tony fucking Nese.

I have a feeling Nese is going to get taken out or something is going to happen,  I just can't imagine even unselfish Bryan wants to have his first Seattle AEW match against Tony Nese.