Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/06 - 02/12 Beyonce got robbed

The Man in Blak

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Madcap is actually good, tho?

No argument here.

But having a guy Trips clearly has no plans for  - and never did, even in NXT - beat an all-time legend like Rey is a complete waste of time.

Rey should lose sparingly, and it should mean something when he does.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Has he ever been presented this way? Anywhere? Lucha Underground maybe?

He' a legend and one of the greatest wrestlers ever, so I really do get where you're coming from, but what about 2023 Rey screams 'protected top star'?

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

But having a guy Trips clearly has no plans for  - and never did, even in NXT - beat an all-time legend like Rey is a complete waste of time.

I mean, he pinned Rey to get a title shot, so it's far from the worst possible use for him. He might as well be the top 10 greatest professional wrestlers ever, but he is not beating time: he is 48, turning 49 this year, so he should be used to be featured alongside newer talent. 

Like, I get not liking his nothing program with Karrion Kross, which basically went nowhere, but being pinned in a multi-man title shot match is not bad!

And, like, Gunther's reign IS a pretty damn big deal. It's already the longest in this century AND one of the longest all-time. 

6 hours ago, Reel said:

Has he ever been presented this way? Anywhere? Lucha Underground maybe?

He' a legend and one of the greatest wrestlers ever, so I really do get where you're coming from, but what about 2023 Rey screams 'protected top star'?

WWE has always been incompetent, so let's continue to give their incompetence a free pass is not exactly a compelling argument.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I mean, he pinned Rey to get a title shot, so it's far from the worst possible use for him. He might as well be the top 10 greatest professional wrestlers ever, but he is not beating time: he is 48, turning 49 this year, so he should be used to be featured alongside newer talent. 

Like, I get not liking his nothing program with Karrion Kross, which basically went nowhere, but being pinned in a multi-man title shot match is not bad!

And, like, Gunther's reign IS a pretty damn big deal. It's already the longest in this century AND one of the longest all-time. 

GUNTHER'S reign being a big deal, which it definitely is, has nothing to do with why Rey losing this match (or being stuck in a go-nowhere program with a go-nowhere geek like Kross) is a bad idea.  

If Rey had won the match and then lost to GUNTHER, I'd be a little more okay with that, because 1. it's a compelling as fuck combination, 2. GUNTHER is a big deal, as you said.

Ultimately though, it would've been better for Rey not to be in this match at all. 

Yes, Rey is old, but he's still a big star and major attraction. He should be treated as such, so that when he does lose, it actually means something. Having him drop throwaway matches to disposable talent like Kross and Moss is a terrible way to use him.

Hey, that rhymes! Make Kross and Moss a team.

Why not? Can't be any worse than anything they're doing now.

5 hours ago, C.S. said:

Why not? Can't be any worse than anything they're doing now.

My point is more that Rey lost a match that had stakes, so someone benefitted even if it was an one-off thing. A program with GUNTHER is something you build, not just have a simple #1 contender's match and give a decisive finish the next week.

Plus, they seem to have used the match to move forward a Rey/Escobar story. Could be great. 

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also if the Mania match is Rey vs Dom (which seems to be the consensus that it is), maybe he should stop fucking around with these scrubs and start building that since it would be the best use of his time at the moment. 

It’s already been somewhat built, they can finish it up after Elimination Chamber no problem.