Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/06 - 02/12 Beyonce got robbed

The Man in Blak

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I wonder if Creative put the kibosh on reuniting her with Wyatt? 

It seemed like that was the end game for her latest storyline, it would be surprising for them to drop it. I think she might have just hit a wall and burned out since she's seemed to be phoning it in for a while now. She had a blah match with Bianca and I didn't think that was even possible. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

You're right, but they were a perfect fit for last night since you had both guys hitting each other in the feels with real life emotional stuff.  Dave talking on WOR about how Paul learned booking by working his way into the booking room when he was a magazine writer and listening to Dusty really hammered home how much he meant to him.  Paul having an emotional connection to Dusty, as well as Roman being trained in part by Dusty in NXT gives this story layers you almost never see in WWE. 

I was surprised Heyman didn’t add a dig like “Your father didn’t train you because he knew you didn’t have what it takes”, but they’re maybe saving that. Plus Roman being from a storied wrestling legacy himself and being able to rub in Cody’s face that he didn’t coast on it as much, how many more championships there are in his family than the Rhodes family, how he never had to leave the company to get them to take him seriously…. MAN are there a lot of fun layers there, hard to credit the idea that the crowd would turn on this in favor of Sami, no matter how much they love him. Sami doesn’t need to beat Roman, anyway; his real smoke is with the rest of the Bloodline, anyway, especially Jey.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

It seemed like that was the end game for her latest storyline, it would be surprising for them to drop it. I think she might have just hit a wall and burned out since she's seemed to be phoning it in for a while now. She had a blah match with Bianca and I didn't think that was even possible. 

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1623195247630225409

Based on this tweet, the report has seemingly been blown out of proportion. Looks like her absence off TV is related to her current story arc but dirtsheets made it look like it was for another reason. 

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1623195247630225409

Based on this tweet, the report has seemingly been blown out of proportion. Looks like her absence off TV is related to her current story arc but dirtsheets made it look like it was for another reason. 

She made her account private. What did the tweet say? Not that it really matters since nothing a WWE wrestler says about the sheetz being wrong can be taken at face value.

Not sure if its the tweet in question, but it might be:

"Good she's boring anyway"
"Hopefully she's gone for good"
"She doesn't care anymore"

Y'all don't know what you're even talking about. #StayToxicMyFriends

I can totally see her wanting to delete that because it does come across as "anti-fan" rather than the positive, pro-WWE Universe, "our fans are the best fans in the world" message that the company wants to project (especially from its women's roster).

As much as I'm not a Wyatt fan or necessarily a fan of Wyatt and Alexa's work together, it doesn't take a Lanny Poffo to see that the current storyline leading to their reunion has been woefully mishandled and unnecessarily drawn out to the point of parody. It would be comparable to the Hogan/Warrior "Man in the Mirror" segments from WCW if this were building to a main event angle like that was. But this is arguably more pathetic because all the segments and teases they've done don't seem to be in the service of any purpose beyond just filling time. Alexa probably recognizes this most of all as she gets yet another week's script with yet another segment that is exactly the same segment they did 10 weeks ago. I can totally see how that might be frustrating to her and how moronic fans would somehow blame her for it too. 

Everything Wyatt related since his retur  is just a master class in money making or money wasting, depending which perspective you are seeing things.

He came back OCTOBER 9th with fucking dumb vignettes and QR Codes, while LA Knight had to carry things. We are in February and he is already hurt (and he can't even sell it properly because of his character) after a short, nothing match. Alexa has been caught in this whole mess and can't even commit to the character because Bray is not appearing.

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

Not sure if its the tweet in question, but it might be:

"Good she's boring anyway"
"Hopefully she's gone for good"
"She doesn't care anymore"

Y'all don't know what you're even talking about. #StayToxicMyFriends

I can totally see her wanting to delete that because it does come across as "anti-fan" rather than the positive, pro-WWE Universe, "our fans are the best fans in the world" message that the company wants to project (especially from its women's roster).

As much as I'm not a Wyatt fan or necessarily a fan of Wyatt and Alexa's work together, it doesn't take a Lanny Poffo to see that the current storyline leading to their reunion has been woefully mishandled and unnecessarily drawn out to the point of parody. It would be comparable to the Hogan/Warrior "Man in the Mirror" segments from WCW if this were building to a main event angle like that was. But this is arguably more pathetic because all the segments and teases they've done don't seem to be in the service of any purpose beyond just filling time. Alexa probably recognizes this most of all as she gets yet another week's script with yet another segment that is exactly the same segment they did 10 weeks ago. I can totally see how that might be frustrating to her and how moronic fans would somehow blame her for it too. 

That's not the tweet in question. The tweet said "Don't believe things you read. Unless it comes from me...it's not real lol" ...The assumption was that from the original report from PWInsider Elite, that she would be off TV longer than first reported (Mike Johnson did speculate it's more likely creative-related) but some questionable dirtsheets spread reports that she's off indefinitely for personal reasons and that every creative plans for her have been cancelled. So she just felt the need to straigthen things out.

Personally, I'm not gonna fight an uphill battle on this board or anywhere else that I know I can't win. Alexa has always been a favorite of mine and I've always enjoyed weird out-of-the-box stuff so I fully understand this isn't anyone's cup of tea here and I accept that. With that said, the level of toxicity this woman deals with on a weekly basis is getting beyond ridiculous. No wonder it affects her performances in the ring to the eyes of many.

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure and just kinda based it on whatever came up on Google. 

And, just to make clear too, I'm a fan of Alexa as well. I think her last stint with Bray was an example of how she is able to elevate pretty bad writing into something fun and different and the right level of B-movie cheese. As far as in-ring skills go, I also think she's a bit underrated. She's not a ring technician or the smoothest worker ever, but when she's "on" and involved in a meaningful storyline, she's engaging and gets reactions and the audience usually cares. Maybe the best comparison is The Miz? 

My issue - and maybe hers? who knows? - is that what should've been a 4-week angle building to the return of Evil Alexa and Lilly the Doll on RAW as Bray's surrogate has instead been a repetitive, aimless ever-lasting eye-roll. Its not "Will she/won't she?" anymore, its "Who the fuck cares?"

If she's not frustrated, that's great. But as a fan, I'm frustrated for her. I love a good slow burn storyline, but this is like watching someone fumbling to even get the matchbook out of their pocket. 

I feel like my most important aspect of professional wrestling, as a fan, is believability. There's always going to be some suspension of disbelief needed just because of the nature of professional wrestling. Now where you fall on the chart as it pertains to like, the gap in between The Undertaker being able to shoot lightning or just a normal Irish Whip in a match is all down to the individual viewer.

To me, nothing against her personally as I'm sure she's lovely, but as a wrestler, Alexa has never passed the believability test.

I don't know about her frustration level as it pertains to WWE, or what's going on, but she was always used & pushed above her means in my opinion. You can't be 5'0", 100 lbs, with no offense that looks like it connects & expect to be pushed like Goldberg because you move some dolls. That whole run with her as champion where she was knocking people out was ridiculous

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure and just kinda based it on whatever came up on Google. 

And, just to make clear too, I'm a fan of Alexa as well. I think her last stint with Bray was an example of how she is able to elevate pretty bad writing into something fun and different and the right level of B-movie cheese. As far as in-ring skills go, I also think she's a bit underrated. She's not a ring technician or the smoothest worker ever, but when she's "on" and involved in a meaningful storyline, she's engaging and gets reactions and the audience usually cares. Maybe the best comparison is The Miz? 

My issue - and maybe hers? who knows? - is that what should've been a 4-week angle building to the return of Evil Alexa and Lilly the Doll on RAW as Bray's surrogate has instead been a repetitive, aimless ever-lasting eye-roll. Its not "Will she/won't she?" anymore, its "Who the fuck cares?"

If she's not frustrated, that's great. But as a fan, I'm frustrated for her. I love a good slow burn storyline, but this is like watching someone fumbling to even get the matchbook out of their pocket. 

I totally get that. For me, I always thought her greatest strength has been character work. When she's on in that department, she's on. But I can't help but think that what happend last year where Vince sent her home for months after those therapy vignettes somehow affected her confidence with nothing satisfying to sink her teeth into. I truly believe this is something that has affected her performances in the ring and this had a domino effect. But that's just my perception.

I don't think Alexa has ever had a passion for the wrestling industry. Fame and spotlight, yes. Fat paychecks, yes. Bumping and being kicked in the tits by Asuka? Nope. She hadn't ever trained as a wrestler when she signed with the Fed, she was just a rah-rah girl. 

You gotta love love love love love love love love love pro-wrestling if you want to be more than a footnote.

11 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

I don't think Alexa has ever had a passion for the wrestling industry. Fame and spotlight, yes. Fat paychecks, yes. Bumping and being kicked in the tits by Asuka? Nope. She hadn't ever trained as a wrestler when she signed with the Fed, she was just a rah-rah girl. 

You gotta love love love love love love love love love pro-wrestling if you want to be more than a footnote.

Her passion about Pro Wrestling is one of the first things that stood about her in NXT. A major Sara Del Rey project there.

Winning second WWE Women's Triple Crown Champion is hardly a footnote. She's like the fifth Horsewoman.

A lot of her in-ring isn't for me. But she isn't for me she's for young girls and those who that overcame teenage anorexia. Anorexia in her early teens stunted her development which is why she has short limbs and can't bump and feed. She was "a rah-rah girl" as that was her exit from anorexia.

Watch the 2019 "WWE 365" Alexa Bliss documentary on the WWE Network/Peacock. Not passionate and fame hungry are things that shouldn't be associated with her at all.