Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/06 - 02/12 Beyonce got robbed

The Man in Blak

I won't argue with you.

But I won't take an in-house puff-piece's word for it. From the cheapest of seats, she seems to like one-half of pro-wrestling, and it's not the "jarring your spine and every internal organ, night after night after night" part. That's what you need a passion for - suffering. She doesn't project that, to me. Happier with black goo and spooky dolls than perforated eardrums.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Tbh i just wish they didnt have to saddle her with Wyatt, has more than enough on her own, and considering his "creative genius" you would think he would have more than one character, really. This run is exactly the same as the last one

Agreed.

I loved everything Alexa did in 2016-2019. She had great matches with almost everybody she wrestled in that timeframe, or at least matches I really enjoyed (Sasha, Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, Nia, Naomi, etc)

all the Bray stuff is the worst and now the current stuff I'll never understand because as far as I recall - she was basically the one who killed the Fiend, so why go back to that. 

I did like her brief babyface tag with Asuka last year, they worked well together. Her most recent feud with Bianca didn't seem to click but I thought they were great as the final 2 in the Chamber last year.

4 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

I won't argue with you.

But I won't take an in-house puff-piece's word for it. From the cheapest of seats, she seems to like one-half of pro-wrestling, and it's not the "jarring your spine and every internal organ, night after night after night" part. That's what you need a passion for - suffering. She doesn't project that, to me. Happier with black goo and spooky dolls than perforated eardrums.

Bray stuff, most in-ring AGREED.

But the IRL she's a special case. If you've seen the photos at her worst are they beyond limits. I just to had the need to reflect that passionate isn't the operative criticism with her that's all.

5 hours ago, rovert said:

Her passion about Pro Wrestling is one of the first things that stood about her in NXT. A major Sara Del Rey project there.

Winning second WWE Women's Triple Crown Champion is hardly a footnote. She's like the fifth Horsewoman.

A lot of her in-ring isn't for me. But she isn't for me she's for young girls and those who that overcame teenage anorexia. Anorexia in her early teens stunted her development which is why she has short limbs and can't bump and feed. She was "a rah-rah girl" was that was her exit from anorexia.

Watch the 2019 "WWE 365" Alexa Bliss documentary on the WWE Network/Peacock. Not passionate and fame hungry are things that shouldn't be associated with her at all.

The only Alexa matches I thought were passable were the ones against Ronda. The best use of her in the ring is as a glorified manager who gains a momentary advantage through stalling or cheating before being thoroughly destroyed. Presenting her as a dominant heel who knocked people out with a single punch might have been even more intelligence-insulting than the Bray Wyatt shit. Good for her for overcoming anorexia, but if it stunted her growth to the point where she can't take bumps, then pro wrestling might not be the ideal career choice.

1 hour ago, Reel said:

I love Rey, he can still go in spots, but he's 48 and his knees are 97% stem cells, what exactly should he be doing? 

Literally anything other than wasting what's left of his career trying to get something useful out of Karrion Kross. 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:07 PM, NintendoLogic said:

Counterpoint: Lex Luger.

I don't think you can really say a guy who worked 200 nights a year for a decade staying in the shape he was always in didn't have passion for what he was doing. Passion doesn't mean being a great worker, although Lex certainly had stretches of time where he was quite capable.  You can not do the bumping and traveling if you don't have a passion for what you're doing.

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

I don't think you can really say a guy who worked 200 nights a year for a decade staying in the shape he was always in didn't have passion for what he was doing. Passion doesn't mean being a great worker, although Lex certainly had stretches of time where he was quite capable.  You can not do the bumping and traveling if you don't have a passion for what you're doing.

Luger had a passion for making money, and pro wrestling was easy money for someone with his size and physique. He was disciplined in his training and diet since his body was his meal ticket, but he never had any real respect for the craft of wrestling. Just about everyone who worked with him has said that he considered the business beneath him.