Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/20 - 02/26 Roman Reigns beat the entire city of Montreal

KawadaSmile

On the topic of Trish Stratus not appearing...

Why does this woman even bother with the WWE? Why does Lita?

I know the answer is $$$, but, man, I wish some of these Hall of Famers would use their star power and name to make some sort of statement about not only Vince's improprieties, but also stick up a bit for folks like Lillian Garcia, who "the new boss" once mocked, on-screen, as a "horse face."  (Also, just a note, Lillian isn't in the WWE Hall of Fame, which is ridiculous considering her tenure is as close as anybody will likely ever get to The Fink's.) It'd be great to see them all show up, even for a one-off and a big pop, in AEW.

I get that Becky Lynch and Charlotte and Bayley still have many years ahead of them in the business and don't want to publicly diss Vince or call out Triple H, who probably has changed a bit over the past 10 years since having daughters and no longer being "one of the boys" (and this Triple H is the one these women met and work for, not the misogynist prick of 10+ years ago), but what do Trish and Lita owe this company? Its why I'm kinda loving Nikki Bella's recent shots at the WWE too. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, El Boricua said:

The one thing that's not grabbing me about the Sami and KO thing is that Owens has usually been a garbage friend to Sami, so I'm not really on his side in feeling aggrieved here.

Sami is dumber than Sting.

IMO, The Tribal Chief was by far a better friend than KO - though also a shitty and toxic one.

10 hours ago, DMJ said:

I know the answer is $$$, but, man, I wish some of these Hall of Famers would use their star power and name to make some sort of statement about not only Vince's improprieties, but also stick up a bit for folks like Lillian Garcia, who "the new boss" once mocked, on-screen, as a "horse face."  (Also, just a note, Lillian isn't in the WWE Hall of Fame, which is ridiculous considering her tenure is as close as anybody will likely ever get to The Fink's.) 

There's a cultish aspect to modern capitalism. You see it with every major brand, be it Apple, Starbuck or whatever. Both people working for them and customers are brainwashed to the point of believing they owe something (their fame, their money, their day to day joy) to companies. That and their moral compass being very low, if not non-existent. Lita could have gone to AEW, they had talks (not that I ever would have wanted to see her pop up there, strictly speaking for myself), but she rather went to work a Saudi blood money show. So, hey, Vince with his sexual harrasement and rape accusations notwithstanding, it's WWE Then, Now, Forever. 

And really, although Saudi buying WWE would be hilarious for the lolz of it, in the grand scheme of things, it would be a terrible thing for pro-wrestling as a whole that the most powerful promotion in the world would be turned into a full fledge propaganda soft power outfit. It's bad enough they work for them already, but that would change the paradigm in term of who, both fans and workers, will draw the line and say "fuck that shit", and sadly I doubt there would be that much movement. Very selfishly, I don't want it to happen, not because I care one bit about WWE, but because I don't want to deal with impossible levels of cognitive dissonance. I already have my fair share of it.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:23 AM, sek69 said:

Why do they keep having Charlotte wear those heels when she's already taller than all the other women? It was the first time I noticed Rhea looking less impressive and it was because Charlotte was towering over her. 

I think you answered your own question, brother.