Tonight on Dy-no-mite…

* AEW TNT Championship: Powerhouse Hobbs (c) vs. Wardlow
* Jay White vs. Komander
* The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass vs. Daddy Magic, Cool Hand Ang & Jake Hager
* Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter vs. Toni Storm & Ruby Soho
* FTR to speak
* We’ll hear from the Elite
* Adam Cole and Chris Jericho have a confrontation

Some potentially interesting matches in here. Also, looking forward to seeing what’s next for FTR.

I have avoided the spoilers for ROH on Honor Club this week, but on paper, the card actually looks a little bit better than recent weeks. Although, I could live a long, happy life and never see Colt Cabana wrestle again…and he is in the Main Event this week fighting Joe for the TV Title. Ugh.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the whole "four pillars" concept feels like AEW desperately trying to make fetch happen for Sammy and (especially) Jungle Boy. Darby is at least within striking distance of MJF - he held his own on the mic against MJF last week when he actually had something to work with and he's the runaway best worker of the three. He's not at a point where he can actively save crappy material like the opening segment, of course, but he's got enough sincerity behind what he's saying that he can eventually evolve into a solid promo with enough reps. (He reminds me a lot of Bret in that way, actually.)

Jungle Boy and Darby are both bad on the mic, but Darby has a persona and a working style that can save him. Jungle Boy is the Dolph Ziggler of AEW, except he’s reliant on other people carrying him to success rather than being the guy with a versatile skill set that can carry other people to success.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, MJF really stands out when compared to fucking Jack Perry, doesn't he? In fact, him being in the same category as the other three guys is unfair to him, and I'm not even a fan of his.

Bron, Melo, Waller and Theory too.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, MJF really stands out when compared to fucking Jack Perry, doesn't he? In fact, him being in the same category as the other three guys is unfair to him, and I'm not even a fan of his.

Darby Allin is one of the best wrestlers in the world and was a needle-mover when he was TNT champ, both with a great presence and incredible matches in the bank. He will definitely make my GWE list. Far better than Wardlow or Cody, far better than most wrestlers wrestling today

On 4/20/2023 at 7:26 AM, The Man in Blak said:

Honestly, the whole "four pillars" concept feels like AEW desperately trying to make fetch happen for Sammy and (especially) Jungle Boy. Darby is at least within striking distance of MJF - he held his own on the mic against MJF last week when he actually had something to work with and he's the runaway best worker of the three. He's not at a point where he can actively save crappy material like the opening segment, of course, but he's got enough sincerity behind what he's saying that he can eventually evolve into a solid promo with enough reps. (He reminds me a lot of Bret in that way, actually.)

Yeah I actually liked Darby's promo in the opening segment. Sammy should not be anywhere near the world title scene OTOH, he is a midcarder. Jack Perry can get there one day, but he is not ready. 

Sammy has potential, but my fear is if you give him a main event push he's going to do something stupid again. I honestly don't see anything in Jack Perry if I'm being frank, he is improving at promos but he still comes off as someone who struggles to show emotions that don't come off as ACT-ING. Plus just as a personal bias every time I see him all I can see is a long haired Dylan McKay. 

39 minutes ago, MoS said:

Yeah I actually liked Darby's promo in the opening segment. Sammy should not be anywhere near the world title scene OTOH, he is a midcarder. Jack Perry can get there one day, but he is not ready. So I am really surprised that Sammy was booked to beat Darby in the main

I'll echo the praise here for Darby, he's amazing to watch. The way he hits the ropes, his rolls and dives are awesome. 

"Tarzan Boy" is a great song and all, but Jack should consider dropping the "Jungle" moniker at this point. There's nothing jungle about him, he's away from Luchasaurus, and it doesn't really fit. He's from LA from good looking and wealthy parents. I get that he has long hair and climbs the ropes but a jungle character should work more like Sabu or someone like that .

I feel like with the "I'm so happy to be here, I work so hard, and my dream is to be World Champion" interviews that they are having Sammy give on the All Access show, as well as just doing everything to portray him in a positive light, plus the continued talk of how their relationship derailed Tays babyface run, that he is going to win this thing and they are going to try and turn him.

Thanks to non-existent demand, Let's Go To The Videotape (tm Warner Wolf)!

Jay White vs Komander is bought to you PERFECTLY LEGALLY by piratebay-proxy dot something.

From Pittsburgh, the City of Bridges. Huh. 447 of them. They're number one! They're number one! Eat shit, Venice.

Ahem.

It's a Beat the Clock Challenge! Jay White (6'1", 220lbs, 99% marble / 1% goatee) has three (3) minutes and four (4) seconds to commit non-felonious homicide upon the person of Komander (5'5", 161lbs, 95% nondescript flesh / 5% goatee). Plenty of time, then. 

Your commentator is Dav'oh.

One of these guys is a former IWGP Heavyweight champion. The other might become the next Axiom if he plays his cards right.

Let the murder begin. Some foreplay from Jay, hefty chop ("sweet, bro", as our Kiwi friends would say)...and now some powderpuff kicks from Komander. Poor Jay, selling this shit, now having to hunch over inordinately long while Komander springboards in and proceeds to aaaaaalmost fuck up three or four times doing superfluous bouncy shit while Jay holds his hand ending in a very clumsy 'rana. Oh my. Now he's back up, wobbling, before Jay cuts him off. Something happens and Jay's outside and three (3) minutes and four (4) seconds have elapsed and fuck this shit.

Zero stars. Fuck it. Minus five.

5 hours ago, MLB said:

I'll echo the praise here for Darby, he's amazing to watch. The way he hits the ropes, his rolls and dives are awesome. 

The thing that makes Darby different from everyone else his size imo is that his shit really looks like it would hurt, because he doesn't look like he's doing spectacular dives or flips, he looks like he is literally using his body as a weapon by hurling it across space onto his opponents. It's like getting hit flush with a 150 pound bat in full swing; you might be 300 pounds but that shit will still hurt.