Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/1-5-7 Stand back, there's a draft coming through

sek69

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Triple H just announced the tournament for the new world title will start on Raw Monday.

Backlash tomorrow seems like a total lame duck show with no real consequences 

I mean, historically, Backlash has always been the show to wrap-up Mania, so-to-speak. Since the roster splits take effect on Monday, this is where the real changes should be seen.

2 hours ago, Strummer said:

Triple H just announced the tournament for the new world title will start on Raw Monday.

Backlash tomorrow seems like a total lame duck show with no real consequences 

Usually tournaments are a good way to pad an episode while giving us good in-ring stuff. Totally in Triple H's wheelhouse, in other words.

I'm looking forward to Priest vs Bad Bunny, not gonna lie.

I was a the show last night at el Choliseo.  Main takeaways:

Karrion Kross really impressed me.  The crowd went from not caring much about him to booing him at every cost.  All thanks to his mannerisms, expressiveness and the stiffness of the suplexes and the ring post powerbomb.  Most of his character work happened in the commercial break and he really got Shinsuke some sympathy with his control segment.  Shinsuke did some amazing sells too, especially with the last back drop.

Rey Mysterio's ten count spot and finish were extremely creative... his execution just stands out so much and at 48, he really showed out tonight.

Bayley did some amazing work playing to the cheap seats in the dark match afterwards.  So many little things: reaching for a desperation tag before an irish whip, the yells and the emoting.  Definately got some brownie points if I ever make a GWE ballot.

Cody was made for this crowd. His jab-bionic elbow spot plays into the fua chant so well.  More of an emotion than an execution wrestler.  He is over af and had a good dark match performance

Everyone here agrees that the star last night was Dominik.  He had three chances to draw insane heat tonight: the opening, the televised ME, and the dark ME, in which he interfered and stayed in Finn's corner.  The third one was the best where he almost got into a fight with someone behind the commentary tables.  But the three amigos finish, him being outsmarted because of his hubris was magnificent.  My favorite spot was a 3 minute Cobra Twist that Finn had on Cody, which was aided with Dom grabbing Finn's hand for extra leverage and flexing to the crowd for heat.  Crowd ate him up.  You could make a legit argument that the crowd paid money just to boo Dom and that most of thr Huelebicho, Lambebicho, Mamabicho and Pendejo chants were for him... during the tv ME, Dom got them to chant Huelebicho while Rey was shining... Rey being one of the greatest babyfaces of all time.  By William Regal's definition of a great worker, Dominik is something special here in PR in a post-kayfabe WWE.  

I wonder if they will do a kind of Bockwinkel/Lawler southern title deal with the new championship.  Have Roman enter the tournament on the SmackDown side and have Cody go over Roman in the finals getting his first pin and a title but Roman still has his belts (maybe with Bloodline interference backfiring).  Cody, and the new title,  gets credibility of beating Roman to win the title but allows you to continue the feud to WM.

Alternatively you could put Solo in the spot for Cody to beat for the title. Have Roman lose it after Solo jobs and challenge Cody on the appt with Cody going over as his first defense.

These are the twelve wrestlers announced for the tournament:

• Seth Rollins
  • Finn Balor
  • Damian Priest
  • The Miz
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Cody Rhodes
  • United States Champion Austin Theory
  • AJ Styles
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Edge
  • Sheamus

On 5/4/2023 at 12:31 PM, Dale Wolfe said:

Am i misremembering or did Alicia Fox have a wedding planner gimmick? I forgot she even existed to be honest 

On 5/4/2023 at 12:35 PM, SirEdger said:

I could be wrong but I believe it was her sister who had that character. She was under developmental contract with WWE at the time and that was her only appearance on WWE TV. She was released shortly afterwards.

Alicia was indeed the wedding planner that Edge cheated on Vickie with in her first main roster appearance in 2008. Her sister wrestled as Caylee Turner, appeared on the 2011 Tough Enough and was in developmental from 2010-2012 but never made the main roster and left wrestling afterwards.

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Rollins/Cody seems like a clear final.

The actual final is Raw finalist vs SD finalist (which the title being on RAW seems to make that winner obvious)
so the tournament is 2 triple threats and the 2 winners face off on each show, then the 2 winners for the title at Saudi. Rollins/Edge is my guess while Cody rematches Brock since Brock works Saudi shows.