Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 9/6 - 9/9 - Fearing For Our Collective Safeties

Timbo Slice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

That Aussie Open/“Sex Gods” match was a lot better than I expected but I hate to see Aussie Open used to basically further someone else’s storyline. They’re awesome and deserve better.

This is 100% fact. I knew Jericho was going to work then once I heard them on Talk is Jericho. 

Maybe if AEW signs Ospreay they will get a real shot. I actually didn’t like them winning the tag belts just to drop them. 

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

This run as Faux TNT Champ is the first time I've ever seen Christian at the level good brother @C.S. always has. 

I’m an unironic Christian fan, too.  This run has been amazing.  Even his performance in the “press conference” was hilarious.

Christian is great and has always been great, the idea that you'd even have to qualify being a fan as "unironic" is baffling to me.

Jon Moxley might be the most inconsistent dude I've ever seen. Not even from match to match, but from move to move. Guy can go from awesome to the worst you've ever seen match to match, spot to spot, move to move.

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

Jon Moxley might be the most inconsistent dude I've ever seen. Not even from match to match, but from move to move.

I could not agree more. He’s one of those guys where I sometimes wonder why other people do not see what I am seeing. He gets so much praise from some people, but a lot of his execution just looks so sloppy, fake and downright bad. I really don’t get that guy.

15 hours ago, sek69 said:

This run as Faux TNT Champ is the first time I've ever seen Christian at the level good brother @C.S. always has. 

8 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

I’m an unironic Christian fan, too.  This run has been amazing.  Even his performance in the “press conference” was hilarious.

6 hours ago, strobogo said:

Christian is great and has always been great, the idea that you'd even have to qualify being a fan as "unironic" is baffling to me.

I have been redeemed!

If Mauro ever makes a comeback, I'll eventually be redeemed there too. :) 

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I think the joke is more because Christian was hyped to be a pillar of the Attitude Era by good bubba C.S.

His TLC matches are one of the defining attributes of the Attitude Era, and he was the best worker in them by far, so I stand by my statement.

20 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I could not agree more. He’s one of those guys where I sometimes wonder why other people do not see what I am seeing. He gets so much praise from some people, but a lot of his execution just looks so sloppy, fake and downright bad. I really don’t get that guy.

Mox has an Aura to some people (me included) where he just draws people in. The way he moves and projects himself I cant say i always love his execution but it never bothers me (except for those horrible sitting elbows). Even though hes a trained blackbelt in Death-jitsu i think he feels more like a street fighter. His sloppiness just fits with him for me. I honestly dont think he would be as good if he "wrestled better" he would lose something.

He doesn't need to "wrestle better", he needs to not go back and forth between great looking lariats or DDTs and the worst elbows/dives/and atrocious selling like the random forward roll he did on the floor for no reason in the AR Fox match. I don't care that he bleeds every match, but dude could stand to not be so blatant fiddling with his blade. It's not like you really can even blame production, he just sits in the corner not even trying to hide it.

Thankfully he dropped the dogshit wackyline rebound lariat. Less thankfully, Yuter picked up the mantle and it is still a terrible recurring spot.

Will never forget Cole calling that the wackyline, just unbelievable stuff.

Mox absolutely has an aura, I just absolutely hate the way he structures his matches and think too much of his offense looks like dogshit to ever be able to really enjoy him. I *do* hate that he bleeds in every match, and I hate that he’s always fucking around on the floor, too. Precisely zero of your matches are Funk vs Lawler if you try to make every one of your matches Funk vs Lawler.