Pro Wrestling Only

Is Britt Baker going to WWE?

Outsider

First off I want to say I have no knowledge of what Britt's future career path is. 

Why is Britt booked so poorly? 

When is she going to get the strap back?

Seems like she is getting jobbed out for a reason, what is the reason? 

She was the top talent in AEW, waay more over then anybody today. She could draw when she was on top. She drew hard-core fans and young casual fans including young female fans who looked at her as a role-model. 

I don't know what happened to the promotion that was so fun and exciting,  now something seems off. Letting Jade go undefeated for so long and not extending her contract was a bad move.  

I hope Britt is happy in AEW but Cole has allot of contacts in WWE and I bet WWE would love to have a talent like Britt who has it all, in Ring, and can talk, and of course her DMD.

I think she's just not very good in the ring and despite being a very good speaker, had to rely on burying the shit out of her opponents on the mic. I cannot deny her importance to the women's roster and to AEW in general, specially early on, but their women's division, despite needing a lot of work, got better to the point they don't have to rely on her anymore.

That being said, never doing her vs Jade is a massive, massive missed opportunity. In terms of star power it's quite literally the biggest match they could have done with their female wrestlers.

6 hours ago, Stiva said:

They should bring Rebel back and make The Waiting Room a weekly promo segment. That had potential in the pandemic days and it was just dropped

I loved her the best when she was with Rebel and kept calling her Reba. And it was an awesome act because the valet was not really a heel but for some reason was stuck taking Britt's abuse. Britt's promos and angles became a lot less interesting to me when Rebel just started acting like a heel as well. Similar to how Penta's manager was a lot less interesting when he went from being a serious guy in a suit who just translated what "Penta says" to being an over the top character as well. The wild characters work better when they have "straight men" to work off of (see: Matt Riddle and how fast forward-worthy his segments are without Randy Orton).

Edited by TheDuke
Spelling

Not a huge fan, I mentioned that last week in the AEW thread. The dentist gimmick doesn't work for me, for starters. By day she cleans teeth and by night she knocks them out? I preferred Isaac Yankem, DDS if we're doing that direction.

If she were to go to WWE, who would you drop in exchange? I wouldn't replace anybody in WWE's women's division for Britt, not even Cathy Kelley. 

Baker's good for TK to doll up and show off at Jaguars games.

10 hours ago, Stiva said:

They should bring Rebel back and make The Waiting Room a weekly promo segment. That had potential in the pandemic days and it was just dropped

Yes Rebel was a great personality.

It's crazy how AEW was so entertaining and easy to follow. Nobody cares who the ROH trio Champs are. They need to get rid of all titles except world, tag, international, women's world, and TV titles. Not the current "you get a belt, and you get a belt, and etc."

The solution is to shake up the world title picture and go back to basics.  Not everyone needs to be on TV. Rampage should be the "developmental " program. Call it ROH then you'll have an excuse for low ratings. And if someone proves their worth, then give them a shot. I mean nick Wayne is great in ring, but not ready to perform at wembly! Develop his character a bit. 

She's really bad. Like, really bad. Doesn't know the basics. Doesn't move naturally in the ring. And she's super toxic backstage. If she ever leaves, the division would become much better because she won't drag anyone.

When someone in wrestling was bad as fuck as a wrestler but could talk and had charisma, they made him/her a manager. Britt would be an amazing manager for a lot of people. But she has the Brandi Rhodes syndrome and we all surfer because of It.

I get the feeling that Britt is satisfied with her accomplishments and is just trying to showcase other women in the division. I think the comparisons to Charlotte get to her so she compensates by doing all these jobs whether they make sense or not. As a result, she's found herself in this weird limbo when she ought to be developing her character and finding a new motivation.

It really makes me wonder what exactly was going on behind the scenes in late 2022-early 2023. It seemed like the initial direction was for Toni Storm to dethrone Thunder Rosa, have her defend against Saraya and Britt Baker only for Jamie Hayter to dethrone her. This would lead to Britt turning on Jamie and eventually putting her over to make Jamie the star of the division. Somewhere in there, Mercedes Mone was supposed to debut (they were making heavy CM Punk references) but something happened and they had to quickly pivot.

With Jamie injured, this is what we've been left with. The only talent that seems to be finding her feet is Toni who has finally found her character after being this surfer, punk-rock chick who talks like a snob. At least she's leaning into one direction now and the crowd is into it. The rest of the division desperately needs some direction.

As does a lot of talent on the show to be fair.