Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear 2023 - 11/18 - Billy Boy Or The Mone Maker

Timbo Slice

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Did I hear Eddie Kingston correctly? The winner of the Continental Classic becomes the new AEW Continental Champion?

Tony Khan is introducing ANOTHER title?

That's what he said, but no one's mentioned before about it being for a new championship, perhaps he meant it like winning the G1. 

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Did I hear Eddie Kingston correctly? The winner of the Continental Classic becomes the new AEW Continental Champion?

Tony Khan is introducing ANOTHER title?

They really should go all the way with it. AEW Asia-Pacific title, AEW Commonwealth title, maybe bring those for ROH too 

I know this is Pro Wrestling and we’re not meant to take any of this seriously or look for anything resembling logic…but let me get this straight…

Adam Cole is allowed to retain his ROH Tag Team Title, even though he suffered a long-term injury, and is not capable of defending the title.

Meanwhile, Jay White steals the AEW World Title from MJF (without legally beating him for it) and then has his stablemates injure MJF so badly that he won’t be able to defend it. (The title MJF doesn’t have physical possession of.)

Tony Khan’s solution to this problem is to have Tony Schiavone announce that they are just going to award the official championship to Jay White. Because apparently now in AEW all you have to do is steal the belt and then injure the reigning champion so badly they can’t defend it…and you can become champion!

But no…Adam Cole (who isn’t allowed to defend his Tag Title but he’s allowed to keep it) IS allowed to defend the AEW World Title (that he didn’t win and does not possess) against the guy who did not win it, but stole it.

The only possible conclusion you can reach, is that Vince Russo is writing this shit.

9 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I know this is Pro Wrestling and we’re not meant to take any of this seriously or look for anything resembling logic…but let me get this straight…

Adam Cole is allowed to retain his ROH Tag Team Title, even though he suffered a long-term injury, and is not capable of defending the title.

Meanwhile, Jay White steals the AEW World Title from MJF (without legally beating him for it) and then has his stablemates injure MJF so badly that he won’t be able to defend it. (The title MJF doesn’t have physical possession of.)

Tony Khan’s solution to this problem is to have Tony Schiavone announce that they are just going to award the official championship to Jay White.

But no…Adam Cole (who isn’t allowed to defend his Tag Title but he’s allowed to keep it) IS allowed to defend the AEW World Title (that he didn’t win and does not possess) against the guy who did not win it, but stole it.

The only possible conclusion you can reach, is that Vince Russo is writing this shit.

The most powerful force in AEW is friendship. There isn’t a championship committee. There isn’t a league. There’s an owner. From a kayfabe perspective, if it’s “good for business” and it’s good for the fans, he can be swayed. It’s honestly not a big leap. 

22 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Funny enough I was just watching Swerve vs AR Fox from Lucha Underground today, I think he's trying to top that tonight.

Welp he sure as shit did, god damn that was fight. I know those types of matches aren't everyone's cup of tea but that's one of the better deathmatch style matches I've seen. 

Only seen Swerve vs Hangmayne and that shit was incredible. Most of the time I feel those type of matches in AEW (which normally involve Mox) end up doing too much cartoony/goofy stuff and/or peak too early and limp they way to end. This time around felt like all the excess was well placed and worked every single time. Swerve winning after that dumb ass 450 over the glass would've been the ideal ending but I 100% understand protecting Page more by having Nana and Cage be the reason he finally lost a Texas Deathmatch.

First time I felt AEW was able to pull of a "spectacle" kind of match (though I watched like two matches from the company before All Out 2021) and I have a hard time picturing the roster being able to top what Page and Strickland just did. The balance of blood feud, gimmicks and spectacle they pulled off is hard as fuck to replicate in this day and age.

So glad Swerve won.