Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series - War Games - 11/24 - What Do You See?

Timbo Slice

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They apparently did the Orton reveal on Raw just so people would know not to expect Punk.

Also while yes, neither WWE or Punk have any real need (or want probably) to have him appear, both are petty AF enough to want to do it just to jab TK in the eye.  That's why I leave that 1% chance open that it could happen. 

"Fightful Select reports that these are the planned match times for tonight’s WWE Survivor Series: Wargames.

* Women’s WarGames Match: 35 Minutes.
* Intercontinental Title Match: 15 minutes.
* Dragon Lee vs. Santos Escobar: 12 minutes
* Women’s WWE Championship Match: 12 minutes.
* Men’s WarGames Match: 45 minutes."

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

Is it a hot take to say I hate modern NXT/WWE War Games matches?

The wrestlers kill themselves, but there's no real feeling of danger or stakes.

I don't know whether it's a hot take or not, but I absolutely agree with you. Much llke everything else in wrestling, they took War Games and WWE'd it. It's over produced, totally homogenized, and lacks everything that made the match memorable in the first place.

I know not all of the NWA/WCW War Games matches had the blood feud/grudge match vibe but when you watch 87, 89, 92, 94 and then compare it to this, it may as well not even be the same sport.

Those felt like gritty fights between men that wanted to kill each other. These feel like what they are, highly choreographed, highly scripted acrobatics that now pass for wrestling.

To add to what I was saying earlier, I don't believe there has been a single one of these WWE/NXT War Games where they don't have every person or every other person bring some new variant of kendo stick/chair/trash can/table into the ring. 

They can't just let two rings surrounded by a cage be enough. Everything has to be an over the top, over produced spectacle. The concept of less is more is so lost on them it's unreal.