Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/11 - 12/17 CM Punk decides to take his talents to South Beach

KawadaSmile

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

Punk likes Danhausen, he’s not nearly as hard on goofy gimmicks as Corny.

Isn't it the other way around? Cornette slapped Santino for not selling fear of the Boogeyman. By the way, it should be noted that Danhausen is very much a Cornette kind of gimmick. The key to his curses is that they never involve anything outside the realm of physical possibility. Like, a guy will get cursed and then get blindsided by an opponent or slip and fall off the apron.

Anyway, it looks like we have a candidate for the first NXT greenhorn to inadvertently end up on Punk's shit list:

55 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Isn't it the other way around? Cornette slapped Santino for not selling fear of the Boogeyman. By the way, it should be noted that Danhausen is very much a Cornette kind of gimmick. The key to his curses is that they never involve anything outside the realm of physical possibility. Like, a guy will get cursed and then get blindsided by an opponent or slip and fall off the apron.

Yeah IIRC Santino was still doing the Russian shooter gimmick at the time, which actually was a point in his favor why he wouldn't sell being afraid of the Boogeyman.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Yeah IIRC Santino was still doing the Russian shooter gimmick at the time, which actually was a point in his favor why he wouldn't sell being afraid of the Boogeyman.

Cornette’s issue wasn’t that Marella didn’t sell The Boogeyman, it’s that he laughed when Boogeyman got in his face…on camera.

Apparently PWInsider reported that WBD did in fact request a meeting with WWE to discuss buying Raw broadcast rights, so we may in fact be in the funny timeline where CM Punk believing, justly or falsely, that the Bucks started or enabled a rumor about him retaliating against Colt Cabana’s TV presence led to AEW losing their major network partner.

20 hours ago, TheDuke said:

You must watch Women Of Wrestling every week and post in depth match reviews.

Funny thing is that I actually started watching that a few weeks ago. When I was a kid, the syndicated TV schedule meant starting at 11pm I could watch World Class, NWA Pro, then GLOW to cap off the night. Now on Saturdays I watch Collision, Rampage, and WOW to get some of that nostalgia back. I will say one thing, there's still the unmistakable David McLane gimmicks, the actual wrestling part is actually taken way more seriously this time around. Yes the tone of the show is still silly, but compared to the old GLOW this might as well be 1989 NWA by comparison.

To tie it all together, they brought in AJ Lee a little bit ago to help book the shows IIRC so that's probably a big part of how that happened.

Also look at the Kabuki Warriors out there doing smooth as fuck tag team maneuvers after not having teamed up in forever. Didn't miss a beat.

Anyone else find it alarming how tiny Zelina looks even next to the waif-like Kairi? It's like shes nearly a legit lucha mini.  Hopefully WWE doesn't decide to run with it and make her their Kemonito.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Fuck me, they're still trying to push Karrion Kross? Someone teach Hunter about the idea of the sunk cost fallacy.

I don’t disagree with you, Kross is pretty much useless. But I assume the logic behind this move and turning AJ heel is that they kind of have a shortage of top heels, don’t they?

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Randy Orton is now a solid 275 pounds. Legit 80s WWF wrestler physique.

Gotta love how Cody inferred that maybe MJF putting on muscle lately was him getting prepared to eventually go to WWE. :lol: Talk about saying everything you need to know about the culture there (but hey, JR never told anyone they have to take roids, it's a "personal decision and responsibility", right ?). And hell, that's what Cody did too at one point. With the result that we know of, probably.

It's fascinating that the whole "pile of muscle" thing is still a thing in perception of so-called stars. So infantile, really.

(and on a sidenote, I don't get why you wouldn't mind ending up with a disgusting skin just to have big muscles. Some of those guys, like MJF, Bill, Rush, on HD are just, yuck)

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Jinder was positively grotesque during his time as champion. Between the bacne, the gyno, the traps, and the extreme vascularity, I'm pretty sure he displayed literally every single telltale sign of steroid abuse.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Post image

Yeah, That Indian Guy was definitely saying his prayers and taking his vitamins, but I remember his push fondly. At least it was something different. Facing Randy Orton in three dull matches really didn't do him any favors.

It did give us this, though.

QD20Sq.gif