Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/11 - 12/17 CM Punk decides to take his talents to South Beach

KawadaSmile

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

God, Maxxine Dupri is so bad Rhea had a hard time doing her finish and she's done that on people like 3 times Maxxine's size.

After seeing that match tonight, I retract my earlier statement that Lash Legend was the worst women's wrestler in that entire division across all brands. Maxxine had no business being in the ring with Rhea tonight.

3 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

After seeing that match tonight, I retract my earlier statement that Lash Legend was the worst women's wrestler in that entire division across all brands. Maxxine had no business being in the ring with Rhea tonight.

Rhea had an easier time getting Piper Niven up for the riptide, it boggled my mind how Maxxine managed to make i it look so bad.

Looking from afar, CM Punk in WWE has been dirge of creativity thus far. "I'm CM Punk, I'm home, I love WWE" / "What WWE Brand is CM Punk gonna choose ?" / "I'm CM Punk, I'm choosing the WWE RAW Brand and I am entering the Royal Rumble". Next step : CM Punk points at sign.

This has been so compelling.

Also, Mania is in for yet another year without women main-eventing. The Becky vs Rousey (and Charlotte too) match was 4 years ago now. Then there was the pandemic, then Sasha & Bianca had this incredible match (fun to think too that only 2 out of the 5 people involved in the main events are still in WWE currently, that tells a story right here of how the scene has been shaken up in the last few years, as it very, VERY seldom happened, gotta go back to Angle main eventing in 2003 and gone by 2006). I know last year there was some talk about how Charlotte vs Ripley deserved a main event spot, but this year I don't see how anyone is getting even close to that main event spot with Punk showing up. Which is, you know, a bit ironic when you think of it.

13 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Lash Legend was never bad like people insisted. She's actually pretty fucking dope, specially when HBK realized she was strong as fuck and could slam almost everyone in the company.

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

Rhea had an easier time getting Piper Niven up for the riptide, it boggled my mind how Maxxine managed to make i it look so bad.

She just mistimed every thing. Niven is more experienced, she knows "when" and "how" to cooperate. Maxxine, well, just doesn't. She may not even have like 5 matches total.

Now, Ivy Nile vs Rhea? That's my shit.

Question: With USA now going to be the home of SmackDown and no longer airing Raw, does anyone see a scenario where Raw goes back to 2 hours?

I only ask because - from a quality control perspective - it would be a great thing. Also, in terms of viewership/ratings, one would think it would boost the number because averaging the number of viewers of 2 hours of TV would almost always be better than averaging the number of viewers of 3 hours of TV (especially as IIRC Raw ratings tend to drop as they go into hour 3 unless there's a major match or angle being promoted). 

But - at the same time - I'm guessing that most any cable network that would want Raw is probably going to prefer to just give them the whole 8-11 block. We've seen that with TBS/TNT and AEW as Warner Bros. Discovery seems 100% comfortable airing AEW shows back-to-back even when the ratings don't seem all that great. The same is probably true for Amazon and Netflix, as their whole thing is about "engagement" and subscriptions, and not traditional ratings - so they don't care if its 2 hours or 3 hours or 9 hours as long as your subscription stays renewed. (For example, Netflix still wins if you subscribe for Raw, learn that you hate it after 5 minutes, never watch it again, but find that you love Bridgerton and Stranger Things and stay subscribed for those shows.) 

The only scenario I could see is if Raw somehow does end up on a genuine network and the network wants to pair it with another program. For example, CBS doing something like Big Brother at 8 PM as a lead-in to Raw from 9-11.