Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 1/29-2/5 Is it raining yet?

sek69

I watched Okada’s debut from 2022 when he showed up before the Forbidden Door 4-way and man it’s like night and day how hot the promotion was then vs. now. I’m not sure how you get that back with this group given the young guys aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire outside of Swerve, really. All the other folks are tied up in other ways or just ineffective. 

You can't book Hook like Taz because Hook looks like a 16-year-old that would get bullied in high school. It's ridiculous watching him throw around grown men. It's too far of a leap in the suspension of disbelief land. It doesn't work. 

That fucking nickname of "cold-hearted handsome devil" ain't doing him any goddamn favors either. Also, just call it the fucking Tazmission. 

Hook's hair looks completely silly now, too. There was a point during the Team Taz era where his hair was interesting and unique, but now he just looks like he has a bad bowl cut. Sure he can do suplexes and shit, but much of the most basic stuff in the ring he still looks extremely green. I know there was talk about Taz really wanting him to go to NXT and I think he's a guy that very much would benefit from training at the PC and doing his reps in NXT and random small Florida towns for a while. 

Also Tony Khan is a COWARD if he doesn't book a Kingston vs Scott Norton chopfest sprint at some point. I know that mf most likely is a member here and at least reads if not posts. Do a Norton vs Kingston triple crown man in Colorado you coward.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Dude has been dying to wrestle lucha guys for decades now, he was probably trying to hide how much he was internally geeking out.

Speaking of which, I thought Joe on announcing just grinning like crazy watching the match between Swerve and RVD was half him playing his character and half him being all "Look at that old mofo go !". RVD looked pretty amazing, all things considered. 

Still haven't watched Collision, like every week now. Can't wait to see Danielson marking out at doing CMLL stuff.