Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 3/20 - 3/23 - Gonna Do Eddie Dirty Man

Timbo Slice

4 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Eddie overcoming so much only to drop the belt immediately when Okada arrives sure is a choice. Has a big time Homicide/Morishima vibe. 

I mean, I get it. It's Okada. If he's challenging for the belt, you don't wanna have him lose then and there. 

12 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

What a pile of shit that Hook/Jericho match was.

If he won't retire, I really wish Jericho would disappear for a long period of time like he used to do.

Honestly, it was hilarious. Like a Lesnar Suplex City match on downers.

11 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

While I'm already being negative about this show, is it just me or has Thunder Rosa looked like shit since her return?

She hasn't really been put in a position to do much so far, but yeah, she looks cooked.

Whole show felt off. Mone cut the exact same promo 2 weeks in a row to open the show and was interrupted far to late. Eddie vs Okada makes sense but the outcome was visible from miles away. Jericho vs Hook felt like they were telling the story that Jericho is over the hill but the execution was such that he just looks over the hill. Thunder's gear is a big problem. Her pre-injury gear was flattering, this atrocity managers to be dowdy and over-exposing at the same time. Whole show lacked rhythm.

I've only caught Rampage and the main of Dynamite. Rampage was a solid hour. The opening tag was really good. Not a fan of pile drivers being used as transition moves but it's the style there. The women's street fight was lots of fun. Code Blue on the table looked nasty to take. Willow is so good. She needs to be pushed hard. Julia and Skye are improving a lot. 

Has Okada fell off? I've not seen him in NJ for years but his AEW work hasn't impressed me at all. His heel character work is great though.

Second week in and I'm already finding myself skipping through Mercedes segments. Most overrated wrestler of this generation. 

I'm shocked by how much I'm enjoying Osprey. Real infectious energy about him. I'm never going to be a big fan of his ring work but he's a great mascot for them.

Fun main event. Not sure about Copeland as TNT champ. Should be Garcia's.

Okada is banged up (known knee and neck issues where he took some time off before signing) and is smart enough to go the Nak route as far as showing out goes since he’s got a ton of miles on him even though he’s relatively young. I think he’ll perform big on PPVs but not so much on TV. 

Eddie wasn't done wrong and the match ruled, buncha babies.

So like....was the spike thing supposed to hit the bucklepad as a threat or was it supposed to have deeply punctured his entire pelvic region, because the later seems like it should have nearly killed him. It was their best match they've had against each other in WWE or AEW, with a lot of really brutal and interesting spots, but I hope they've gotten this out of their system and the two never interact again in AEW.