Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynasty - 4/21/24 - RIP John Forsythe

Timbo Slice

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this was too good to not have a rematch. There are also so many things that happened in this match that they can play off in future matches. 

What a fucking match. Even Ospereay's annoying facial expressions and his usual hulking up during finishing sequences did not bother me 

Just now, WingedEagle said:

So that had to be an angle with the way they let Ospreay get close and check on him and have the "doctors" sit him up, right?

I'm guessing Will showing concern is going to play into him breaking off from Don Callis finally.

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

So that had to be an angle with the way they let Ospreay get close and check on him and have the "doctors" sit him up, right?

Yeah, and they got him out of the ring quick. If it's was a legit neck injury they ain't keeping things moving as fast for safety reasons....at least that's what I hope.

If hopefully that was a work then I question the decision to have no buffer match in between though because what the hell do they expect this crowd to react now?

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

Yeah, and they got him out of the ring quick. If it's was a legit neck injury they ain't keeping things moving as fast for safety reasons....at least that's what I hope.

If hopefully that was a work then I question the decision to have no buffer match in between though because what the hell do they expect this crowd to react now?

That's for the 6 wrestlers who haven't broken a sweat to figure out. I'm good here. 

I don't think I've ever gone into a match with expectations that high and the match actually destroyed all said expectations. Goddamn.

36 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Do you really want a babyface getting booed out of a stadium though?

Who cares, Swerve can easily turn or work heel for that one match. Everyone knows Ospreay is gonna get an historical level of support in Wembley. No AEW fan is gonna go "oh Swerve was a failure" because Ospreay got a British Bulldog coronation.

At the same time, AEW has an opportunity to not only give a black wrestler an awesome moment tonight but also reward a wrestler who out of sheer will and determination got over. A four month reign ending in front of 50-60k people sounds like cementing Swerve's status regardless of how the crowd reacts that night.

So fucking happy for Swerve. I hope they don't drop the ball on him and he gets to Wembley as a strong champ and character.

We NEED Okada vs Joe for that Continental Belt. Have Okada win via cheating and then a pissed off Joe enters the Continental Classic and kills everyone, Okada included, to get that belt.

I was thinking the same uncertainty at first about Swerve/Ospreay at Wembley but then realized the face vs face history there so now I kinda want it to be that way.  Bret/Bulldog,  MJF/Cole, Swerve/Ospreay can all be face/face.  I personally loved MJF/Cole last year with both faces and despite teases, neither guy turning on the other at the time.

After having one of their all-time great shows - even in face of another terrible Jericho match - it is with a very heavy heart that I must say that MJF is not at all necessary to AEW's main eent scene. I am not looking forward to a match between him and Ospreay.

10 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

Is his gimmick gonna be "past his prime but doesn't wanna accept it" meta bullshit? dear lord help us.

I feel like this has been his gimmick since early 2021 with the Jericho Appreciation Society, except it is no longer a gimmick

There were a couple of moments from Ospreay I wasn’t a fan of in the match but they were mainly nitpicking the totality. The finish is fine, especially given how Bryan mentioned the need for the TD ‘91 to be done at all as an “criticism” of Ospreay and the brainbuster on the ramp the night before. Played into it well. 

I’ll catch up on the rest of the show, but my guess is that this match will be widely regarded as Ospreay’s official arrival as the wrestler of his generation on a wider scale, and another feather in Bryan’s cap, but the true sickos will look back at Arena Mexico a few weeks prior as the best match of the month for him. 

I’m just happy I got to see a Death Lake Driver again. Mima Shimoda the goddess. 

2 hours ago, chuckjaywalk said:

I love this place because the Young Bucks/FTR match doesn't even get a passing reference.

Putting a team like FTR in a Ladder Match is a total waste of their abilities. They’re the most technically sound team since…I don’t know…maybe ever? (As witnessed by those matches they had with Bullet Club Gold last summer, just to name a couple off the top of my head.) 

I get that this was the fourth time these teams met, so they were trying to add a different dimension to the rivalry, but to me FTR are better than doing garbage matches that everybody can (and has) done. Mind you, I am so over Ladder Matches and all that crap, I could live a long happy life as a Pro Wrestling fan if I never saw another modern garbage match again.

If I have to, I can deal with one garbage match per show…but this PPV already had the Jericho/Hook match. A Ladder Match on the same show was overkill, but that’s AEW and The Young Bucks for you. They still haven’t figured out that just because you can do something, it doesn’t necessarily mean you should.

I had forgotten about this. Danielson been thinking about that Tiger Driver spot for 10 months, lol.

Shows how much respect Ospreay has for him that he was not only game for it but went out of his way to "retire" the move so when he finally uses it again, it will mean A LOT.