Pro Wrestling Only

Vince & Linda's marriage

Bix

Is it just me, or has Dave turned up the heat in the WON in the last couple months as far as "read between the lines" comments about the McMahons having a loveless sham marriage? He has talked about it various times over the last few years (especially their "arrangement' that allows Vince to bang the Divas), but it's gotten a lot more frequent recently. Between noting the panic over the story of Vince buying a condo himself getting out, his comments on the Valentine's Day story that WWE floated, and now his comment about their kiss at the Walk of Fame ceremony being "for public consumption." I get the impression that he's trying to say that the marriage is as finished as it can be while still keeping up appearances and that it's a recent development.

What does everyone else think?

I'm just referring more to his cryptic Michelle McCool coverage in general, talking about her originally as someone involved in wrestling who was way, way too nice and naive to be involved in wrestling, eventually being lured in. He did refer to her once as "a favorite of the older men in the company" ...

What does everyone else think?

Basically what you said.

I look forward to Steph following in her father's footsteps, and Trip playing the Linda in the relationship - remaining a good friend and colleague, sticking together for the family and business, etc.

John

The part I find most interesting is the indication that something changed. I don't get what the step is to change from "sham marriage where the wife allows the husband to have whatever affairs he chooses but there's still some sort of barely functional relationship there" to "sham marriage where the marriage is completely done except for a public front and the legal stuff on paper" other than that there must have been a catalyst, so it's too bad that Dave can't tell us what it was.

So Dave has implied that Vince is *really* banging the divas? I thought was just kayfabe stuff put out by the company.

Which ones has he mentioned?

And John I don't think your scenario will happen just because Stephanie worships Hunter beyond belief and I really don't see that changing.

So Dave has implied that Vince is *really* banging the divas? I thought was just kayfabe stuff put out by the company.

Which ones has he mentioned?

Generally speaking, it's been implied that he was involved with whoever we was involved with on-screen (with Dave, in "read between the lines" fashion, once noting how much Candice Michelle's push nosedived when she was no longer doing Vince on-screen and Kelly Kelly was suddenly called up, though she didn't end up linked to Vince on-screen), as well as that moves like the hiring of bikini models out of catalogues were specifically to find women for Vince to have sex with. The OVW wrestlers were told not to have sex with the bikini models and then Mikey Batts was fired after he went against that order.

Loss has mentioned the plight of Stacy Keibler a few times:

It's not a deliberate thing where I can sight specific examples, but the way she has been used for almost her entire tenure in WWE shows that they see value in her, but hate that they feel obligated to keep her around. She started getting really, really over in 2002, and immediately, she was cast as subservient to Stephanie McMahon and made to look foolish in an angle with Test and Chris Jericho a few months later. Weirdly, this strange treatment started when she went - alone - with Vince to Australia to do a promotional tour in 2002. When she came back, she started getting treated really weird on TV. Draw your own conclusions.

She has also refused to do Playboy or get a boob job.

And John I don't think your scenario will happen just because Stephanie worships Hunter beyond belief and I really don't see that changing.

She does now. But how about in 2021 when she's 45 amd he's 52, shrivled up and not a wrestler anymore? And the company has some young 28 or 32 year old wanting to bang the Boss (assume Vince will have dropped dead by then).

It's Pro Wrestling. She's a McMahon. Those are two things that bread insanity, delusions and trying to get whatever you want.

John

I always assumed when Dave spoke about OVW divas having/not having the "look" WWE wants it was code for whether or not Vince wants to bang them.

Not to mention I thought it was an open secret that women get pushed/depushed based on their willingness to play ball if you weeeeel.

Steph already had her personal boy toy with that Test-lookalike Daniel Rodimer who was fired last year. She was the only reason he was signed for so long.

Don't forget that John Cena got his push because Steph heard him rapping backstage and decided it should be his gimmick.

Today, I learned on another board that speculating about what the best source on the matter is coyly saying about something that internally was feared to negatively affect the stock price is a bad thing, because it means I want to have sex with Vince McMahon.