Pro Wrestling Only

WON and F4W merge

Loss

I asked Dave about the conversion ratio if you want to switch your print sub to online.

What happens is that that dollar value of your remaining print issues is rounded up to the next $10, and you get that value online sub (online is $10 per month with no discount for longer commitments).

As much as I love kicking back with the print WON, this is awfully tempting.

Getting both F4W and the Observer online, and in a way in which the Observer isn't dated by the time it arrives in the mail, make this a really good deal. Throw in the WON archives and I'm sold. I was a lapsed subscriber who is giving this a try. Besides, I'm often ridiculously bored at work, so reading the WON will definitely help pass the day.

Today, they just posted an issue from Feb. 4th, 1991, and it's an amazing treat to read what it's like being Dave Meltzer from that time period. I mean, I haven't read as many issues as some of you on this board (I started subscribing to the Observer in early 2004), but I can't think of any other issue that gives you a better idea of Dave Meltzer and his job than this one.

Guest jushin muta liger

Today, they just posted an issue from Feb. 4th, 1991, and it's an amazing treat to read what it's like being Dave Meltzer from that time period. I mean, I haven't read as many issues as some of you on this board (I started subscribing to the Observer in early 2004), but I can't think of any other issue that gives you a better idea of Dave Meltzer and his job than this one.

I agree. I already made this issue as a pdf so I can print out later for some sitdown reading along with Ring of Hell. Usually I listen to F4W free shows but I finally gave this a try. Getting all of the online shows plus 3 Obsever Radio Shows along with the Observer made it hard not pay. If I continue, I'll re-up.

Guest DietSoda

I never subscribed to the WON before, so I hope there's someone kind enough to answer these newbie questions for me.

With the merge and transfer online, this is probably as good a time as any to start. What happens as far as accessing the newsletters now? Are they like...on a password protected area of the website where you read them in the form of columns? Also, what else is on there besides the newsletters? Past newsletters? Audio/video shows?

What (was) the difference between WON and F4W?

This is something I'm interested in, since I'm sick of just getting my wrestling news handed down to lame spoiler websites.

I subscribe to the print WON. So I can't have my sub transfered to the online service?

No, you can, but you have to take one or the other - or pay extra for both.

I never subscribed to the WON before, so I hope there's someone kind enough to answer these newbie questions for me.

With the merge and transfer online, this is probably as good a time as any to start. What happens as far as accessing the newsletters now? Are they like...on a password protected area of the website where you read them in the form of columns? Also, what else is on there besides the newsletters? Past newsletters? Audio/video shows?

Yes to everything except for video.

Both newsletters still exist separately. The WON is more news/feature driven, while F4W is more humor-driven, though not as much as it used to be.

Guest KyleWilder

I subscribe to the print WON. So I can't have my sub transfered to the online service?

Both newsletters still exist separately. The WON is more news/feature driven, while F4W is more humor-driven, though not as much as it used to be.

Do you know if it's taking them long to transfer every request to the internet? I Emailed Dave a few days ago and still no response. I don't want to bug him with Emails every day.

Guest DietSoda

Do they have archived WOL radio shows?

Guest DietSoda

Last question... do they still do the WOL radio shows with the special guests and stuff like you'd hear from 99, 00, 01 etc? If so, when is it on? I think I read that they have them mondays after Raw? I didn't see one for last night anywhere, unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Guest DietSoda

No, WOL is still on every Sunday at 8, but Dave isn't a regular host on it anymore because he's so busy with the Observer and writing MMA columns for Yahoo, so Alvarez has different co-hosts, usually Lance Storm or Dr. Keith Lipinski and/or Karl Stern from his website.

Oh okay, because I saw this under membership benefits:

Wrestling Observer Radio: Join Dave and Bryan as they talk all the news in pro-wrestling and mixed martial arts. An updated version of the original Wrestling Observer Live, the show also features Q&A's with the hosts, previews, interviews, and more! Shows usually air Monday after Raw, Wednesday night after publication of the new Observer, Saturday or Sunday after the weekend PPVs, and at any point during the week when major news breaks.

..and didn't see a show up monday night.

But I see that it is up now, so all is good.