Pro Wrestling Only

January 4

Loss

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy Art sent me this

It's been revealed that Jeff failed his 3rd drug test 2 weeks before Summerslam, but wasn't fired because he was leaving anyway. But due to the terms of the Wellness Policy, WWE can't rehire him for a year.

Where'd he get that?

He told me a WWE wrestler told him that so who knows.

My first impression watching TNA last night was, even if the whole Homicide getting stuck ordeal hadn't happened, that the whole cage setup looked like it was made by Fisher Price. The second thing I realized right after was "how the fuck is anyone supposed to climb up and over to that opening?".

He only signed a short-term contract.

It's also apparently a tentative one. Both facts I didn't realize when I made that dumb comment. Tentative meaning that it's per appearance, or so I hear.

I'm not surprised at the 1.5 rating. As I said before, TNA had an opportunity for WWE fans to check out the show before RAW and/or during commercials, plus they weren't going to lose their diehards.

So, in summation...meet the new Monday Night Wars, same as the old Monday Night Wars, except everyone is ten years older and ten years less interesting?

Reading the Tokyo Dome results, it sure seemed weird to see Terry Funk and Abdullah the Butcher working for New Japan in any decade, let alone in 2010.

Sadly, these are the old guys I would actually want to see.

Incidentally, doesn't this mean that Abby is now part of the "Seven Decade Club" with Lou Thesz, Cavernario Galindo, and Mae Young?

I've been watching Impact off my DVR, the segment involving Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Syxx Pac (that's what TNA calls him, right?) was making me cringe. And you just know that, with Russo booking, it's gonna come to head at the next TNA PPV when they're attacking a babyface and Hogan comes to save and does the shocking swerve.

So far, the only thing I can really compliment is the Knockouts Tag Titles match.