Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

Dale Wolfe

Members
  • Posts

    496
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dale Wolfe

  1. Its a fair point. While AEW TV at it's best is still head and shoulders above modern RAW/Smackdown (not saying much really), a lot of its top tier are still people who have been in WWE for years and weren't setting the world alight so to speak. Punk did have his pipebomb phase and the Danielson "yes" era did decent business too, i believe, but it was also part of a much stronger, more popular product. Unless AEW hit on a genuine top-tier original star with no WWE baggage then its hard to see massive changes in their casual perception or success i think. Plus both these big eras were years ago It is a good show but that's all it is at the moment. They should focus less on belts and more on some actual storylines
  2. Page has been really boring since his return and his reign was awful But trying to buy into the combat sports tropes of interim titles etc and then ignoring the ex-champion does is counter-productive imo. In any other scenario the former champ vs number 1 contender is the instant response To have him not involved is puzzling
  3. Thought this was great. A real force of nature, didn't even make the slightest bit of effort to stick to the formula
  4. The old Austin podcast with Regal is still one of the best wrestling podcasts ever; I've gone back to it several times now. I dont expect anyone in Conrad's wheelhouse to be as charismatic as Austin but its quite clear from that that Regal has hundreds of stories to tell It will be a shame if this goes badly but got to give it a chance
  5. Is this true? It seems really reckless to be putting your opponents through spots and having them in your hands without being upfront about such a big issue/condition. I'm surprised by that.
  6. Love the idea of Strowman fucking up and catching a receipt off Overeem
  7. I'm an idiot but im reluctant to watch Darby lose again. He's one of the few i actively root for here & he should be going over Kyle at this point Oh well I'll probably end up watching it all anyway
  8. Well, i read this thread to see if i should watch the show & really surprised at how poor it sounds I've been sour on the TV for a couple of months but assumed the ppv would come through; surprised. I will watch the main event though i guess, do enjoy moaning old man punk
  9. I remember one from Nitro, against Regal maybe? Where Kidman doesnt even make impact and instead lands on the top rope himself and nearly breaks his neck Horrible Edit, it was his leg- https://youtu.be/Xw9CLs5YTt0
  10. This is what im saying. It's so publicly absurd that it's hard to actually believe it. In terms of how does it draw, they've repeatedly proven that they struggle with that concept anyway. I dont really care about buying a clue etc, something just seems fake about it to me. Far too much coverage. The radio silence on socials from people involved is odd as well
  11. Surely this Sasha stuff is a work Don't believe it for a second
  12. Deep Heat isn't great but it does have a bit of ramshackle charm in a way There is one thats honestly funny, maybe 3 or 4, but the rest are average
  13. They'd be fools to let the lad go. I'd be amazed if they don't come to an agreement but there are a lot of people on the roster
  14. Maybe its time for one mad promotion with them all in
  15. That speech seems pretty sincere to me. Wonder if contract talks have broken down, less than a year left
  16. I have only really cherry-picked the supposed big matches because of her notoriety but I thought she could really go I didnt realise she was only mid-twenties tbh, often think getting a lot of attention early can really send things south Anyway, sounds like shes done herself over regardless. Still think WWE should take a shot just so she can try and take liberties with Rousey & see what happens
  17. Tessa Blanchard is a fool but i do still love that 2019 Sami Callihan match & the Mercedes Martinez one at Rise Edited for initial hyperbole
  18. Really made me laugh that Funny how it works, I read this thinking "need to check this out" and then next sentence nah fuck that guy. I'll probably stick with the latter
  19. The Bobby Lashley ring break is mad, he was lucky to dodge one there
  20. Danielson & Kingston in the G1 please Did they sign Cesaro yet?
  21. Does he have long covid? That would explain a lot, his movement is very different than, say, pre-NXT
  22. Re: Keith, he does seem to gas a lot quicker than he used to.
  23. Thought the punk match was good, enjoying old man punk a lot, but this show feels pretty flat lately to me. They need a better booker
  24. Some people just aren't cut out for the internet man
  25. They should have someone come in as an estate agent, instant heel heat Irwin R Slumlord
×
×
  • Create New...