-
Posts
18681 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by El-P
-
You said "Morton knows where his bread his buttered". Which is inferring that Morton is dishonest in his praise because he has ulterior motives, in this case the idea of getting either booking or student, or more specifically making himself look good in the eyes of people who could eventually book him or young aspiring workers that would be fans of the current product that would want to train at his school. That's assuming a simple tweet about a match that actually happened two-three days ago (and not a story about something from "back in the days", that's also important) would actually have a direct or indirect effect about his actual business, either as a performer or a trainer. All of that in the context of a thread which is basically about an old guy who is hate-watching the current product and refers to the 80's as the epitome of pro-wrestling and how it "should be done", Ricky Morton being basically everything "good" about the "right way". So, by inferring that Morton *has to* be dishonest about his praise of a match that happened two days ago, you are actually saying a whole lot more than just "oh, wrestler tells bullshit". And it's very much apparent what you really mean, especially when you make it about "he said something you want to hear". First off, like I said, I don't need any validation. And second, well, it's more about him saying something that you *don't want* to hear from him apparently. Because why that remark anyway ? Is there a credible way to gauge the sincerity of Morton's appreciation for this match from that tweet ? Apparently there is, and it's "wrestlers tell bullshit". Especially works when they say something some people *don't want to hear*... So yeah. It is a matter of subjective taste like NintendoLogic said, but even then, some people would just rather be grasping at straws to find ulterior motives about anything rather than even consider that Ricky Morton might have, crazy notion, actually loved that match and thought it is great. Because that very notion threatens their opinions and bias because of what Ricky Morton represents in their eyes. Which is why those tweets were posted in this very thread in the first place, because people believe Corny is gonna blows a gasket over that one, just because of who said it.
-
Ok, so every wrestler is full of shit, *especially* when they say something you *don't* agree with. They absolutely can't, under no circumstance ever, be genuine about their appreciation of current pro-wrestling, because it objectively sucks and people saying otherwise are either corporate shills or lying carnies with an agenda. Point taken. Also, I don't *want to hear* jackshit. I don't need validation from anyone, I'm absolutely confident about my views on pro-wrestling. I just find it cool that not every old wrestler is a bitter old man stuck in the past spreading toxic stuff about those "damn millennials won't don't know how to work". And I'm amused at the fact it pisses some people off and pushes them more deeply into denial.
-
Wait, because Ricky Morton runs a wrestling school and works the independent circuit, his praise of the AEW has to be taken with a grain of salt ? You realize that the two aren't mutually exclusive, right ? And saying Morton is only praising modern stuff because he's actually participating in a productive and positive way (training workers and actually working with them) is also kinda ridiculous, because that would infer only the opinion of someone who *isn't* taking an active part in the industry would be worth anything because there would be no "conflict of interest" or something, which is a totally absurd take. Crazy notion that a great wrestler would actually enjoy what is considered by many as great wrestling today...
-
Between Madison Rayne interviewing herself on Locker Room Talk (those mini-steps killed me, also I'm convinced she's been inspired by Nicole Kidman in To Die For), Swinger trying to be Suicide and failing miserably and Moose saying there was "no proof the Earth was round", this week's show has been the most fun in weeks. Plus two strong matches in the opener of Taya & Rosemary vs Susie & Kylie Ray and the closer of Callihan vs Alexander. They sure did a good job with the video hyping the main event of Slammiversary too. Also been enjoying Kimber Lee, hopefully she'll get some wins in the future. Dunno what the tease was this week with a Beautiful People match in the Flashback... Maybe Tara. Maybe, well, Velvet (if Bully Ray shows up, why not ?).
-
If she wasn't locked with IMPACT, I say get Madison Rayne in the role. She would be just great. Can do announcing, cut promos, work angles, bump, be funny, show tons of ass. Just a perfect fit.
-
Not racist at all... BTW, had he not quit reviewing the current stuff for the last time a few weeks ago ? I mean, this is a complete joke.
-
Actually, I don't need the stamp of approval of anybody to think current pro-wrestling is great. Not Meltz, Not Morton, not anyone. On the other hand, a guy like Ricky Morton saying it threatens all the bitter old guys yelling at clouds because he's someone they put on a pedestal and represent "the good ol' days" and "the right way". So it's much more comfortable to think that he *must* have ulterior motives and he can't be genuine, when everything he has done in the last few years rather points in the other direction. Whatever. I just think it's pretty cool to have non stubborn, stuck in the past veterans appreciating what is being done today and working alongside the current generation. And yeah, it has to drive some people crazy, so again, gotta get into denial mode... or else...
-
Sure, he can't POSSIBLY think current pro-wrestling is good.
-
"Today, wrestling is better. One must be able to adjust to today's time and flow." Ricky Morton. Damn millennials...
-
Won't happen because she's stuck in MLW, which is a waste, but you want a great female character/manager that is current ? Salina de la Renta. I would love to see her in AEW reuniting with the Lucha Bros. and wreck hell on the promotion bringing in luchadors from AAA. The promo battle she and Cody could have would be something else too.
-
Corny and his followers will pretend Morton was only talking about FTR... while ignoring the "I love watching all the wrestling today". Hey, talk about someone who could be a great manager in AEW ? He's smaller, he still can take a bump (hell, do a Canadian Destroyer if he feels like it) and still can cut one hell of a promo as showed by his NWA work.
-
A manager should add something to the act. In that sense, thus far in AEW : Tully Blanchard : Worked at first, then not so much. But he was not paired with the right guy. Jake Roberts : hum.... not so sure yet, I do not think he really adds to Archer TBH. Too tall, has a tendency to get himself over in promos rather than Archer, who can cut good promos. Arn : kinda works. Not nearly as good as Brandy in the role though, and in the end I'm not sure he really adds much to Cody, who cuts some of the best promos today. The issue with these three is that they can't bump at all. Well, Tully can a little bit maybe. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy having those guys on TV, but they're hot & miss in their roles. They sure can cut great promos too. Taz : great thus far. Leva Bates : perfect in her role, which is light hearted and comedic, works spots well too. Penelope Ford was terrific but she deserves to be pushed as a worker at this point. The Bunny clearly added some as a presence, look and to work a spot here and there but again, works better as her own character.
-
The main event was kinda bittersweet : excellent match but it would have come off so much better in front of a real crowd going insane for Orange. The 8-men tag was awesome and the way they are planting the seeds is masterful. Glad to see the Lucha Bros back and Butcher and Blade hanging on with the other three teams was nice. Remember when Britt Baker was a highlight of the show ? Now she's been totally watered down in this useless angle with equally useless Swole, who also comes off like the heel, really, as she's basically harassing an injured woman who hasn't done anything to her. Bad WWE-like stuff. Funny, I totally guessed both "big announcements", which really weren't big announcements at all. I never really liked the "self-proclaimed champ" apart from DiBiase, but Taz digging up the old ECW belt was kinda neat, and he's doing a great job as a manager. Speaking of which, Nyla sure needs one because her promo was a complete mess. "All these guys with a manager also have something in common : Arn & Cody : champ... and.... uh.... Taz gave Cage a belt so he's a champ I guess... uh...." yeah and Shawn Spears & Lance Archer sure are champs too... somewhere... Count me in the "please no Vicky Guerrero" crowd. Does not fit Nyla at all and it evokes modern WWE way too much to me (a cameo here and there is ok). I dunno, if you want to think out of the box, Missy Hyatt is right there, plus you already have Jake Roberts. Nyla's squash match was quite fun though. I'm enjoying the whole Dark Order & Colt Cabane angle. And man, those bruises look brutal ! 6-men tag was quite solid, Stu Grayson is underrated as hell. Archer vs Janela was good stuff too, I really want more of Janela & Kiss on TV. The opening match was quite okay I guess, but yeah Private Party still are in the "potential" stage of their career. They need to learn to do more than cool spots, quickly. Leva Bates singing Jericho's song was adorable. Then again, Leva is always adorable, such a lively character in the crowd, always doing great reactions to the action. Kip Sabian with his stupid socks was the perfect picture of Millenial Douchebag. I wasn't too sure at first, but considering Ford's massive improvements, yeah, he's Marc Mero... No one mentioned Darby Allin doing some really stupid stuff ? Hey, the other day he was on DDPY too BTW. Next week is quite loaded again. Lucha Bros vs FTR already ? Kinda hotshotting to me but it will be awesome. Hopefully Cody's open challenge ends up being another cool thing... (Rusev I would love).
-
Wow. That asshole still exists ? And yeah, why would you go *there* to begin with, much less I guess to address rape accusations ? With all the shit with Hogan stemming from dealing with this human piece of garbage (Bischoff's promos on the TNA episodes were worth the listen alone), this is a really piss poor choice.
-
This went south pretty quick. And yeah, whatever one thinks about Corny's opinion about someone's look (which is quite ironic in itself and I won't go any further), shit like "thin-skinned social justice soyboys" has no place here. Really, why would you even say something like this here ?
-
So Brian Pillman Jr. basically did a competitive squash with Spears... okay, kinda odd to me. I wonder if that was some sort of try-out match but even then, it's not like he's any worse nor less marketable than Ricky Starks (he's actually a better worker)... Avalon & Cutler are a highlight of the show every week and Avalon really is the most underrated guy in the company at this point. Good showing by Serpentico, Scorpio Sky gave him a lot. Nakazawa is a one trick poney, but the reaction shots were pretty funny. Luther vs Kazarian & Big Swole vs Raché Chanel were legit bad matches though. Chanel's gimmick is amusing to me, but Swole is just sloppy as hell and hasn't improved one bit.
-
Off topic but not really and I'm really depressed/pissed off about it : our new Minister of the Interior (basically the first cop of the country) is a guy who has an ongoing investigation for rape and sexual harrassment. And it's apparently not an issue at all to be promoted to this function. He's also an homophobe who spoke against the right for gays to get married and adopt children. And our new Minister of Justice is a sensationalist lawyer who was against the #MeToo movement and think street harrassment isn't real... So yeah, girls, go talk and file charges now... you'll be heard. As far as Pillman goes, good, MLW has lost every bit of whatever luster it once had.
-
That's awesome. Was the match any good ?
-
Ok so last night I dreamt that Buff Bagwell, who was actually Randy Savage's son, stole money from Savage's locker room, and I was there to witness it. Then Savage was going wild and Miss Elizabeth went to me and told me I had to tell Randy about Buff. And so I go to him and he's Randy Savage going crazy so he tries to attack me but Lex Luger runs in and Savage kicks him in the balls, while a second Lex Luger comes from behing and manages to calm Savage down while I tell him about his son Buff Bagwell stealing his money. Ok, I have not watched any WCW in 7 years, haven't watched wrestling at all yesterday and I don't do drugs. Go figure.