Pro Wrestling Only

Jay Lethal as Ric Flair

Loss

I really feel like this deserves its own thread, because it is, perhaps, "the best thing going today".

Jay Lethal's Flair parody is frighteningly accurate.

It's a shame it's happening in TNA instead of somewhere where it could actually benefit Lethal.

Also, from watching a few You Tube clips, how sad is it that Ric Flair in 2010 is still the best interview in wrestling?

So, I went and watched the clip of Lethal imitating Flair and the subsequent beatdown. Am I right that Lethal stole Flair's WWE Hall of Fame ring? If so, that's pretty bush league starting a feud based on your rival's hall of fame.

Also, Abyss is terrible. I don't think this can be said enough.

So Jay Lethal went from doing a Macho Man gimmick to a Ric Flair gimmick?

Yep, Hogan gave Jay Ric Flair's HOF ring which Abyss won in a match the previous week. Jay did a Flair impression and gave the ring back to Flair. But Flair didnt take the impression in good humour so Flair and his new Horsemen beat down Jay. Which kicked started the fued.

I also love that Ric Flair is getting to be a crazy old man again. I wish WWE would have let him elbow the mat, strip down to his underwear, hit himself, scream, tell random people in the audience to shut up, etc. It's embarrassing that he's still going at this age, and he needs to retire, and he looks like he's literally melting and his hair and teeth could fall out at any moment, but at least he's not being the subdued version of Ric Flair we saw in WWE. There is a train wreck appeal to it all.

I really feel like this deserves its own thread, because it is, perhaps, "the best thing going today".

Jay Lethal's Flair parody is frighteningly accurate.

It's a shame it's happening in TNA instead of somewhere where it could actually benefit Lethal.

Also, from watching a few You Tube clips, how sad is it that Ric Flair in 2010 is still the best interview in wrestling?

I'm not sure if you've seen more than just the recent Flair segments, but before last few weeks Flair has ranged from uninspired to abominable. There was a sit-down interview a month or two ago, where Ric looked like a decaying mummy; and he just sort of rambled on .. about something. It was so inarticulate that the interview was subtitled (and in true TNA fashion the subtitles were barely legible).

But yeah, the Lethal-Flair feud has been pretty great.

So Jay Lethal went from doing a Macho Man gimmick to a Ric Flair gimmick?

Yep, Hogan gave Jay Ric Flair's HOF ring which Abyss won in a match the previous week. Jay did a Flair impression and gave the ring back to Flair. But Flair didnt take the impression in good humour so Flair and his new Horsemen beat down Jay. Which kicked started the fued.

I ask again because I'm really not believing this: Did TNA start a feud based on a WWE Hall of Fame ring?

TNA had multiple storylines going about two different HoF rings at once.

I hate the Lethal/Flair stuff and think Lethal sounds like a mentally disabled person impersonating Bill Cosby but I'm in the minority.

Well Flair does sound like a Mentally disabled person now. The Lethal/Flair stuff reminds me of the Angle/Flair angle that one time on Raw.

I would also like to add that I loved 1999 when Flair was President of WCW and was being booked to be humiliated and actually made it great comedy. This seemed like an appropriate place to mention that.

"Sting, get down here, damnit. I'm the President. Don't be flying around without telling me!"

I would also like to add that I loved 1999 when Flair was President of WCW and was being booked to be humiliated and actually made it great comedy. This seemed like an appropriate place to mention that.

"Sting, get down here, damnit. I'm the President. Don't be flying around without telling me!"

Agreed. 99 WCW was so full of entertaining bullshit like that. Stuff that wasn't supposed to get over but did (West Texas Redneck). Stuff that was thrown against the wall without any thought but worked (Hak's hardcore matches).

At least this time Lethal is imitating a guy actually in the company so it's not like you're reminded every time you see him "oh yeah, I remember back when that other guy was actually good (many years ago) and he's not even here. Yeah this is a company going places."

Flair working for comedy is probably for the best at this point. I mean shit is there anyone sane that actually wants to see him do anything else in 2010? Good for him I guess.