Pro Wrestling Only

Resident Evil's Thoughts on Wrestling AND Life

goodhelmet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason was an awesome gimmick, but Memphis was too phony?

Question: What do paint chips taste like?

Yes, that is correct. You're learning young one, you're learning.

I have no idea what paint chips taste like. Paint maybe??

You don't realize that I'm far older than you are?

Are you one of those weird Calgary fans who think that the shit they watched was "realistic" and apply that to all other wrestling? Are you one of those wackos who thought everything in WWF was Vince hype EXCEPT his whole "dungeon, excellence of execution, best ever, Calgary" promotional horseshit?

Does it grate you that Vince carnied Old Stu out of his business, but he could never put Memphis out of business?

What's the preferrable way for a wife to submit to her husband? Unconcious after being dosed and getting rammed up the ass or becoming an old cat woman who looks on as she regrets her life as a brood mare for a sadistic imbecile?

Why do dogs have cold noses?

A)Yes, I realise you are older than I which was part of the reason why I wrote down "young one"

B part 1)No but it was obvious the style was rougher and closer to reality than a lot of other wrestling B)Part 2 No -- I am someone that since he was a little 2 year old kid would think for himself. As far as the Bret stuff goes, I'm not exactly sure what youi're getting at there. The Dungon was more than real, Gorilla was the one who started excellence of execution which Bret obviously was as that was always part of his appeal and the best ever bit was logical in WWF land along wit it being smart marketing. Being from Calgary in WWF "US land" was part of Bret's appeal and helped make him stand out with extra cool points. Why would that be promotional horsemanure? It's smart promoting with its basis in reality.

C)No, it doesn't grate me in the least that Vince carnied Old Stu out of his business. If Stampede was run better things could've been a lot different. A lot of it was thier own fault.

Why would I want Memphis to go out of business? I don't like the wrestling but I don't want people to lose their jobs. People had lost interest in Memphis anyway compared to the old days once time went by.

D)I'm not a believer in anal sex at all. Anybody who does anything to make their woman unconcious is not a true man. A man is supposed to be a man and protect their woman.

E)Mother Nature

1 point for RE on that one. Lawler didn't start until 1970, so it was Lawler working Byer-like spots.

I think the point is getting missed here. For example, when people think of an open faced chop they think of Flair. While Wahoo and Johnny Valentine did them before Flair, crowds aren't going Wahoo!!!! they are going whooo!!!!! in reference to Flair. Just because someone does something earlier doesn't mean they are known for it. Now to the point I was making.

In the Destroyer/Baba bout Destroyer does a great job at hiding the foreign object. When I think of that spot Lawler is the 1st one that comes to mind. So I was wondering how is it that it is great wrestling in the Destroyer bout, but typical phony wrestling by Lawler when he does it. What makes it great when Destroyer does it but not Lawler. I could understand if Lawler did it poorly but he is amazing at it by the heat he generates from it.

To be honost with ya, I don't even remember the foreign oject in the Destroyer/Baba match. I remember the match most of all so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't look like the foreign object played a big part in the match. I tend to dislike typical heel hides the foreign object bits with an exception here and there. I have seen Lalwer do this before and to me it seemed to be more of the focus of the match. I also thought Lawler looked goofy doing it like I always find him. However, if it got the Memphis crowd riled up than good for him.

Hey, that was a Kung Fu: the Legend Continues reference there. Did you watch Time Trax too? I wish we could find Time Trax on bootleg DVD. And I kind of wish we could find Deadly Games too. The wife doesn't like that like she does Time Trax but Christopher Lloyd makes a great Dr. Wily.

.. that's all I've got.

Hey, that was a Kung Fu: the Legend Continues reference there. Did you watch Time Trax too? I wish we could find Time Trax on bootleg DVD. And I kind of wish we could find Deadly Games too. The wife doesn't like that like she does Time Trax but Christopher Lloyd makes a great Dr. Wily.

.. that's all I've got.

Yeah, I was a big fan of the 2nd version of the show when it came out. It's the type of show where I can sit down, watch any episode they have on TV and enjoy it. It doesn't even matter how many times I watch it. I loved it when Kermit would go, "Oh Yeah". It might've been my favourite part of the show

No, I didn't watch Tim Trax. I don't know if it was on any of the TV channels I had back than. You have peaked my curiosity.

When was the last time you fucked a weight bench?

When was the last time you did something productive to give urself happiness instead of having to give yourself pleasure with futile attempts to make fun of someone? Making fun of people is the wimpy way out. Going all out while training is the balls to the wall manly man William Shatner way out.