Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-06-10-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Scott Hall brings Kevin Nash in to help him take over WCW! Aside from calling the word play an "adjective", Nash actually does what may be the best promo of his life. Bischoff promises Hall and Nash he'll get them their three guys if they can show up at the Great American Bash. Great segment, and wow WCW really hit these early segments perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I agree this is a money promo if Nash ever gave one. Hall is great bullying Eric on the side, messing up with his hair, while Nash looks downright threatening and dangerous. The way Heenan flew off the set at the beginning was perfect. Damn, going through the early stage of the nWo angle just reminds me why I used to love WCW.

• 1 year later...

We start with Heenan cutting a great psychotic promo, paranoid over having to deal with Randy Savage at the Bash. Then he bails again, and that only means one thing...

Hall is back out to antagonize Ken Doll, and KEVIN NASH is here behind Eric! We get the soundbite that opens up every episode of a certain PTBN podcast. "Look at the adjective: PLAY." That unfortunate bit of phrasing aside--and the Marge Schott/Mein Kampf reference that I don't get--this is a hell of a promo by Nash. "You couldn't get a paleontologist to get a couple of these fossils cleared? You couldn't get three guys off dialysis to get a team together?!" Bischoff agrees to try to get them 3 guys if they're willing to show up at the Bash.

Yeah, it doesn't need to be repeated how great the build to this was. "Who's the third man?" would become the only topic in wrestling anyone wanted to talk about for the next month.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The famous adjective thing doesn't take anything away from this great segment. They keep building the intrigue here every week. Nash cuts a great promo. I like how it doesn't seem like this has bled over into any of the other major angles, feels like WCW is just being totally blindsided by something.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-06-10-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Scott Hall & Kevin Nash
  • 2 years later...