Pro Wrestling Only

Vince Having Fun With TNA

Sean Liska

Again, Rumble spoilers here:

PWI has reported, and Dave appears to have confirmed on his board, that WWE has signed Booker T and Kevin Nash to make surprise appearances at the Rumble. The timing of this happening the night before the big MEM reunion doesn't seem coincidental.

This is kind of nostalgic for me. I miss the days of wrestling promotions screwing with each other like this. I think Vince is just amusing himself at this point.

One has to wonder why TNA never bothered to get Nash and Booker locked up to at least a short-team deal before they went forward with their MEM reunion plans.

It would be even funnier if Vince signed Booker and Nash to make more than just one appearance, thus further screwing TNA. Otherwise, I'm sure TNA will just play up how Booker and Nash "invaded" the Royal Rumble or somethiing like that. :)

Serves TNA right for running this angle without the principals under contract. The funniest part to me is they doubly screwed themselves by having Scott Steiner return ahead of everyone else. I doubt they bothered to come up with a backup plan in case Booker and Nash fell through either.

is it wrong that I'm marking out that WWE has signed Kevin Nash? I'm sure it will wear out by mid week or so but now I'm pretty stoked. None of his buddies are on TV now so I really don't see where they use him.

No, I'm pretty excited too. He may not be able to do much in the ring anymore but he's still a great character, and whoever eliminates him from the Rumble gets a nice rub. Hopefully he sticks around for a little bit and puts a couple young guys over, but I figure there's better odds of that happening with Booker.

I also wonder if this means he's going into the Hall of Fame. Would make sense with HBK going in and Nash being associated with WCW as well.

Guest Slickster

Kevin Nash can be a funny guy in real life.

However, he was booked as RAWR SERIOUS Nash back in 2003 and it made him just another guy. I know he complained about that in past interviews.

If they can let Nash be himself on promos (with some bullet points) he will instantly get himself over just because he will instantly differentiate himself from the rest.

Didn't Nash get the "monster push" in a Rumble one year? You know, the dude who goes on a big eliminating spree. If they kinda play that up, they can at least make people give a shit when he gets dumped. Also, he should come out as Diesel with the music and all.

Yeah in 94's, remember him getting really over with the crowd because of it and then the camera men fucked up and missed the shot of HBK helping to toss him over (they were still together at that point) which Shawn brought up in a promo during next years Rumble I believe.