Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Dutch welcomes Cornette to his show, the crowd booed and he says how they love him! His ratings dropped with Bob Armstrong and Brian Lee on last week's show, so he's glad to have him on today. Cornette says how Killer Kyle is going to collect the bounty on Lee's head and then turns his attentions to Bob Armstrong. He's been sticking his nose in his business again. It wasn't enough that he cost the Heavenly Bodies the titles once, now in a rematch he's handcuffing himself to him at ringside, well you'll find out why they call him Houdini Cornette! He then tells the Rock & Roll Express that today, when they silence the critics and defend their belts against them, once they emerge unsuccessful from their one chance at the title, they will never see the belts or his men again.

Can't imagine that there is anyone better than Cornette at what he just did, running down three different angles and hitting all the main points in one segment. I'm not sold on Killer Kyle at the moment. I know that Ray Traylor was a jobber in the NWA before becoming Big Bubba and Cornette is clearly trying to position Kyle as this era's Bubba (right down to the no sold chair shot), but it's just not working. Doesn't help that Kyle is incredibly boring and I guess we're supposed to forget he worked as enhancement in the very first show putting over Robert Gibson.

• 6 months later...

Sort of an all-purpose Corny interview here. Not much we haven't heard before in terms of threats, but I loved the story about him and Kyle at the restaurant. He told it so well I almost believed it.

Dutch threatening to slap the fans isn't as remotely funny as Corny threatening to do it. Stick to complaining about Bullet Bob killing your ratings, Dutchman.

Maybe if Kyle wasn't wearing the exact same suit that Bossman wore as Bubba, he'd have a better chance of getting over on his own. Workers like Bossman are rare, Corny. Just because you managed to find something almost as good as the MX with the Bodies, don't be fooled into believing that your magic will work every time. Find the guy a different outfit at the very least.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-09-19-SMW-TV] Down and Dirty: Jim Cornette & Killer Kyle
  • 2 years later...