Pro Wrestling Only

Guys you "should" like but don't?

NintendoLogic

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that reminds me, Minoru Suzuki annoys me. A lot. Probably a visceral thing, but yeah, feels liek a guy I "should" like. His oddball hair is terribly distracting though.

The thing with Suzuki is, he should be the easiest guy in the world for a good babyface to work against. Pretty much every single spot/mannerism is a payback spot in waiting. And very few people seem to do it.

From watching the All Japan set Masa Fuchi.

Don't get the love for that guy at all. Ditto Joe Malenko.

Ditto Pete Roberts or indeed ANY boring mat-based wrestler. It's a style I just don't understand at all. Crowds are always dead for it. It looks fake. It's often not logical.

My bottom 3 matches on the set are Roberts vs. Fuchi, Joe Malenko vs. Dean Malenko and Joe Malenko vs. Fuchi.

Rip Rogers. I realize he's fun and all, but something just doesn't click with me. I'd like to enjoy him. I still don't care.

I'm fairly indifferent to his inring work but I will forever love him for that episode of SMW where he did squats for the entire show.

Sounds great.

SMW TV is piling up on my hard drive, so, whenever I'm burning out on WCW...

Fuchi is fun, but you've got Fujiwara sitting right there doing all the exact same stuff and doing it better. Kinda hard to get excited about the Nise version when the original is still going strong. Fuchi had a great run with incredibly strong opponents in the early 90s, which helps him look better... dammit, now I've gone and had the thought "what would a Fujiwara vs Kawada match look like?", and I fear I shall never know the answer.

One guy I've never given much of a damn for is Tito Santana. He does everything right, and doesn't do anything to actively annoy me, but somehow I find myself just not caring one little bit about any of his matches. Same thing with Alex Wright too, come to think of it. I'm not even sure why I don't give a fuck about them; in theory I should, but they simply don't do anything for me at all.