Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 80s and 90s are ancient history from a political standpoint. The Republicans who've traditionally done well in Connecticut are the moderate types that have been driven into extinction now that the teabaggers have taken over the nomination process at all levels.

I'm guessing the part about the GOP holding the Gov's office from 1995-2010, a similar statewide race, flew by in that post. :)

John

From earlier this year:

Posted Image

http://rajah.com/base/node/27328

Ric just looks creepy old in that picture.

Her kids with Ric very recently posted on her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=3&theater

Given Ric's track record with women/wives, and that she has young kids... you sort of pray that the trainwreck that is Ric doesn't screw up her life something fierce.

John

Ric just looks creepy old in that picture.

Yep. She on the other hand looks great.

Given Ric's track record with women/wives, and that she has young kids... you sort of pray that the trainwreck that is Ric doesn't screw up her life something fierce.

You don't say...

I know fairly recently she's appeared at conventions and on a few indy shows but up until then had she ever done anything in wrestling after her run as Fifi or really anything in wrestling before getting the maid gig? For something that only lasted, what, a few months? She sure milked the heck out of that role...

Besides standing around as background eye candy I don't even remember her doing much while she was in WCW.

I know fairly recently she's appeared at conventions and on a few indy shows but up until then had she ever done anything in wrestling after her run as Fifi or really anything in wrestling before getting the maid gig? For something that only lasted, what, a few months? She sure milked the heck out of that role...

Besides standing around as background eye candy I don't even remember her doing much while she was in WCW.

I like to go to Highspots and buy the download shoots they have that are cheap. They have a Fifi one, and everytime I see it there all I can think of is "Huh? Who'd watch that for free let alone 4 bucks?"

My favorite part of that pic is Carlos Colon - looking better than Flair frankly - appearing to be half asleep in the background

I get WWC TV here and he's currently involved in an angle with Carlito who just turned heel. He's like the Puerto Rican Mick Foley now, guy known for violent brawls in the past now the chubby guy who comes out and waves to the crowd for a pop and get beaten up to get heat on whoever the next big heel is supposed to be.

She always denied it, including in RF's most recent (and quite exploiting) shoot in which she said she alwyas lied her ass off in shoot interviews except on this one. Oh, Tammy... The only thing you can hope for her with the latest ordeals is that she gets things together, get the hell far away from anything wrestling related and doesn't drop dead before she's 45, really.

(gotta love Sean making fun of the "Hart Family Handshake" though...)

I really want to enjoy the Daniel Bryan/Kane dynamic. It's amusing most of the time and I like how they play off of each other but they really need to cut back on the airtime they get. I think a segment, maybe 2 a show would be more than enough to keep that storyline healthy. When they're getting 3 or 4 segments a show, it starts to get tedious.

Also, David Otunga sucks, I mean really sucks. I'm having a hard time thinking of someone on the roster that's worse than him.

I don't really follow the WWE that much, but I gave the edited Raw that popped up on Hulu a watch. I thought the Kane/Daniel Bryan diner promos were bad. The video didn't seem to be shot very well and Daniel Bryan puking seemed really corny and badly acted. Although, I did read that several of these promos aired during Raw and apparently the best one was cut out for Hulu.

It has it's moments, like on Smackdown Damian Sandow came out and called them a bunch of names and Daniel Bryan gave Kane a confused look and asked him off mic "Us?" And things like Sandow wrestling Kane and bumping into Bryan and he yells "I am the Tag Team Champions" was funny. It really has good moments and they have good chemistry. They're just watering it down with too many segments.

Was the Hulu version of Raw worth the time? I like it being cut down to 90 minutes. Did it feel like a full show and were there matches present?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-1970s-Vintage...=item27cb0ac3ea

These two match films are "new" as far as I know. Both are matchups that there is no film or video for that I can recall coming across.

These are the two cards the matches are from, courtesy of Clawmasters results archive:

7/10/74 Davenport, IA @ John O'Donnell Stadium

AWA Tag Team Champions Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens beat Billy Robinson & Geoff Portz

Ivan Putski beat Baron Von Raschke

Chris Taylor beat Larry Heiniemi

Larry Hennig beat Bull Bullinski

12/26/74 Moline, IL @ Wharton Field House

Nick Bockwinkel beat Larry Hennig

Ivan Putski beat Baron Von Raschke

Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell beat Yugo Babich & Boris Breznikoff

I think watching it on Hulu is worth it if you don't want to invest 3 hours of your time in watching the show and don't really care about missing out on anything. Unfortunately there were some things cut that I would have liked to see.

Here is the list of things they cut out:

* The backstage segment with Brad Maddox and AJ Lee

* Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler

* The first diner segment with Kane and Daniel Bryan

* Santino Marella & Zack Ryder vs. Darren Young & Titus O’Neil

* The backstage segment that set up the six-man match and the entrances to that match

* Tyson Kidd vs. Wade Barrett

* Layla and Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix