Pro Wrestling Only

Aces & 8's Questions

Smack2k

I know Luke Gallows is "Armbreaker", Mike Knox is one of them, and Wes Brisco is in the group (and has also been seen un-masked and not part of the group backstage)

D-Lo Brown does the Ole Anderson "Black Scorpion" voice

The initial thought of most was that it was a way to bring Jeff Jarrett back. Now people seem to think the leader will be either Bully Ray or Samoa Joe. I still think it's going to be Jarrett.

I really can't think of any "great" moments in the angle. The Aries-Armbreaker fight at the last PPV was ok.

Yeah, I think I bought in due to the VERY slow burn as its something we rarely see in wrestling these days.

I went and watched a ton of this build over the day today and, for me, I am actually very interested in something for only the third time in YEARS (Nexus arrival on RAW (which was ruined quickly) / Punk in June 2011 (which they also fucked up quickly after MITB).

So do I think this will also be fucked up and stupid in the end? Yes I do....but for now, I am hoping otherwise until it happens..

If its ANY already existing TNA guys, then only a GREAT storyline reason woild make it good for me.

If its someone from outside (maybe ROH / another Indy / etc..) color me interested in where it goes....

After last night, I am enjoying this, BUT also worried..

I mean, its a LOT like the NWO angle (With Aces and 8's coming in and getting a match with TNA..if they win, they stay..if not, they leave)

BUT, what worries me is that after Hogan said it would be him and Sting, they said no Hogan, he had to watch...I immediately started thinking "Oh God, please dont make Hogan the leader, PLEASE!!!"

So that worries me BIG TIME after last night...if TNA does this...they deserve to fail.

I also thought why would youf goal be to become a part of TNA after just beating everyone down week after week? But then I was thinking maybe they want to destroy it from within.

IN 1996, Hogan turning on WCW...Awesome.

In 2012, Hogan turning on TNA, Hogan even being heavily involved in this....COMPLETE SHIT

This has promise, but like I said before...IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE LEADER. With all the lawsuit stuff going on with Scott Steiner right now, that would be a decent swerve for it to have been him the whole time. Especially after ALL The trashing he's been doing to Hogan and TNA around the horn. That and I really dig Big Poppa Pump!

Yeah, it will be...but for some reason (stupidity I'd guess), I continue to HOPE that they will finally do an angle like this good again. And this time not hotshot it or add un-necessary items to it (more people, TNA guys turnning, etc..) leading to a final showdown (War Games Anyone?) and then move on....

Will that happen? Probably not...The leader will either kill it or it will get hot and Hogan will stick himself in there (like Vince was the Higher Power in 1999 even though it made 0 sense) to get more attention..

I had a BAD Thought today...what if it is Brooke Hogan..mad at her dad and wanting to get revenge...Good god, that woudl be HORRID...and THEN a few months later Hogan is shown as the true "pupper master" working with Brooke all along...

Wasn't there one story in which Vince was revealed as the puppet master behind the kidnapping of Stephanie (by the Undertaker) which was done mainly to get at Vince himself?

I'd like someone to make a thread with a blow-by-blow account of the story, because it was batshit insane.

My early idea for the 1998-1999 yearbooks is to keep a separate thread jokingly explaining all of the things during that time that made no sense, like Undertaker and Kane's relationship, the Greater Power, HHH and Stephanie's roofie-based marriage, etc.

My early idea for the 1998-1999 yearbooks is to keep a separate thread jokingly explaining all of the things during that time that made no sense, like Undertaker and Kane's relationship, the Greater Power, HHH and Stephanie's roofie-based marriage, etc.

Are you actually going to try to do that with WCW, too?