Pro Wrestling Only

Aces & 8's Questions

Smack2k

"It was me all along !" is one of the greatest apex of shitty 1999 Russoesque WWF.

Leading up to it though had one of my favorite bits ever. When Steph was kidnapped and being held somewhere in the building RAW was at, there's a match between Shamrock and Christian I think. Anyway, it ends with Shamrock having Christian in the anklelock screaming "WHERE IS SHE?". The lights go off for the Brood bloodbath deal, and when they come back on Shamrock is covered in "blood" but still has the anklelock on and he's screaming even louder, looking like a madman until Christian gives up where Steph is. It made Shamrock look like the baddest motherfucker alive.

"It was me all along !" is one of the greatest apex of shitty 1999 Russoesque WWF.

Leading up to it though had one of my favorite bits ever. When Steph was kidnapped and being held somewhere in the building RAW was at, there's a match between Shamrock and Christian I think. Anyway, it ends with Shamrock having Christian in the anklelock screaming "WHERE IS SHE?". The lights go off for the Brood bloodbath deal, and when they come back on Shamrock is covered in "blood" but still has the anklelock on and he's screaming even louder, looking like a madman until Christian gives up where Steph is. It made Shamrock look like the baddest motherfucker alive.

Total Liam Neeson:

Posted Image

Was there supposed to be someone different?

One big rumour around the Internet back then was that it was supposed to be Jake Roberts. He was also supposed to show up in WCW as part as Raven vs DDP angle the year before. Yeah, we were all about Jake Roberts in the late 90's.

Ted Dibiase was another of the rumours. I think Al Issacs had the scoop on it being Yokozuna as well.

Was there supposed to be someone different?

One big rumour around the Internet back then was that it was supposed to be Jake Roberts. He was also supposed to show up in WCW as part as Raven vs DDP angle the year before. Yeah, we were all about Jake Roberts in the late 90's.

Page and Raven were making references to "The Snake" in their promos and then it just stopped. Typical WCW, of course.

It's better than the hummer angle, as bad as it was.

Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage may be the single worst main event program in history.

I was 15 back then but I enjoyed not Nash pumping the sewage into Savage's limo but the promo spot for the septic service that followed immediately afterward. Aside from that, I hated every minute of that program. For me 1999 was a very difficult year to sit through as a wrestling fan.

This has promise, but like I said before...IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE LEADER.

It is probably going to be Eric Bischoff. Abyss/Park will be the "mole" & Bully Ray will turn on Sting.

I haven't watched a second of this angle, but Bischoff was the first name that came to mind when I started reading this thread. I also wonder if by using Aces and 8's as a name (the "Deadman's Hand") TNA is trying to con the rubes into thinking Taker is behind it.