Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Pink responded to a comment about it on Twitter, doesn't seem like he'd be playing along with WWE angles right now but maybe he's just being a good sport for his wife's sake.

Also, isn't that going to be kind of weird for one of the top executives in the company doing a feud with the wife of a guy involved in a lawsuit?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's a hell of a way to start a program. I wonder if they will rush and have the match at mania. This feud was inevitable. It's obviously going to take up huge chunks of air time with Stephanie involved. The other women on the roster will be overshadowed for sure. She has to be salivating to the opportunity to shoot on Punk (if she will be allowed to)

Why would it be a work? Why would they want people to acknowledge CM Punk even more?

FWIW, I'm kind of surprised Steph's initial tweet that started this (work or not) didn't get more attention. Her shamelessly trying to glom on to the attention Patricia Arquette got from her Oscar speech came off like a little sister trying to get mom's attention.

*edit* didn't notice there was so many "attention"'s in that post, my bad.

that's a hell of a way to start a program. I wonder if they will rush and have the match at mania. This feud was inevitable. It's obviously going to take up huge chunks of air time with Stephanie involved. The other women on the roster will be overshadowed for sure. She has to be salivating to the opportunity to shoot on Punk (if she will be allowed to)

Why would it be a work? Why would they want people to acknowledge CM Punk even more?

pwi just reported yesterday that AJ is due back very soon. Plus Paige said she needs a friend to battle the Bellas. Clearly alluding to her. But yeah I'm backing off the work hypothesis

I can't believe people believing this is a shoot

Stephanie McMahon @StephMcMahon · 2h 2 hours ago

Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice

Steph has spent years building up her social media image as some sort of compassionate female voice (at least in her own head) and hasn't used it as a gimmick before. That seems way more important to her as a business brand than something she'd use in an angle. Her job is the brand thing and they put it as a higher priority than all active stories.

Add in the lawsuit which they can't gimmick and it's a bit of a stretch, even for wrestling. Not impossible, but still a bit of a stretch. It just feels like a reverse course if a work.

I'm not saying it's not an angle. It's just weirdly against Steph's whole social media "brand" thing where they do things like push HHH being nice to a kid (or Sami rescuing a lady from an overturned car or heels doing make-a-wishes) and what not. Even during the midst of the Bryan "B+" stuff, was Steph using twitter for any of that build?

Really hoping the Prime Time Players get a decent run this time. They have the potential to be the centerpiece of the tag division, two solid workers, both have a decent amount of presence and charisma, they have a good look, can work heel or face. Titus is perfect either as the hot tag or the bully heel, Darren Young can play the fiery underdog face or the conniving cowardly heel hiding behind his partner.

On a more cynical level it makes sense for the WWE as a public company who masquerades as being progressive to push a gay athlete.

If WWE booking was remotely consistent or forward thinking they could have easily positioned Titus O'Neill, Sheamus, Bad News Barrett and Bray Wyatt as challengers for Roman Reigns to defend the strap through to the summer.

As it stands, we can fully expect programs with Kane, Big Show and Seth Rollins that stretch on and on and on with repeat match after repeat match and the usual litany of authority beatdowns, handicap matches and 'funny, laid back' RR promos on Raw every week. Hard to disagree that the booking has hit an all time low - they have no idea what their audience wants and how to deliver it. Even HHH admits having to book three hours is horrible.

It is heartening to see the 'Give Divas A Chance' thing happening. I've been saying for a year or two now that the division is really strong and doesn't deserve the awful booking and ridiculous time constraints they have on it.

It is arguable that Brie Bella v Stephanie was the best feud they have ran this decade, and if they payoff was better it would have been. They should have gone all out and had Brie vs Nicki blowoff in Hell In The Cell, might have popped a decent rating for the novelty value, would have been a huge show of faith and a fitting end for a feud that deserved it, instead of petering it out in a few short, unmemorable matches that weren't booked around a hate blood feud at all. Not as if they had anything else major at Hell In The Cell, it should have gone on last. Have Daniel Bryan and someone else in the respective corners if they want to give it more gravitas.

I can't believe people believing this is a shoot

Stephanie McMahon @StephMcMahon · 2h 2 hours ago

Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice

I'm having difficulty understanding the psychology here, Kris. That doesn't mean it's not a worked shoot, as WWE storylines often don't make much sense. But having the corporate babyface be exposed as a sham seems a wee bit counterproductive.

If there was no response from Steph then I can see more credence to it....but the talk was starting up towards an AJ/Steph program at Mania the day before and then all of a sudden this went down...

It's pro wrestling just that simple....everything is a work until proven otherwise