Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree it should be fun. I just remember people here immediately shiting on the idea when it was first brought up maybe a month ago.

I think people are afraid Rusev's undefeated streak goes to Cena, a guy who doesn't need it. But there's no doubt the match(es) will be very good-great.

Right... I think everyone wants a Cena-Rusev program... that makes Rusev stronger.

Totally true, but this idea that every unbeaten streak needs to be broken by some up and comer who "needs it" is flawed. If that happened every time it'd be predictable. Underdogs can't win in that scenario every time, then they wouldn't be underdogs. Sometimes the monster heel who's unbeaten needs to get beat by the top dog. But just not their first match.

I agree with you that the top dog vs an unbeaten streak is money and should be won by the Ace from time to time. But when it comes to Cena, at point it really just a waste imo, there's much more to win from him not beating Rusev than him overcoming another challenge.

Also, when was the last time an unbeaten streak was important in WWE and they gave it to an underdog? I don't see that scenario being predictable at all in today's WWE.

I thought Bryan was dangerously good on commentary, to the point where JBL obviously got the instruction to steer the conversation back to the match.

I noticed this too, it's like they can't help pointing out how much better he is in all aspects.

I agree it should be fun. I just remember people here immediately shiting on the idea when it was first brought up maybe a month ago.

I think people are afraid Rusev's undefeated streak goes to Cena, a guy who doesn't need it. But there's no doubt the match(es) will be very good-great.

Right... I think everyone wants a Cena-Rusev program... that makes Rusev stronger.

Totally true, but this idea that every unbeaten streak needs to be broken by some up and comer who "needs it" is flawed. If that happened every time it'd be predictable. Underdogs can't win in that scenario every time, then they wouldn't be underdogs. Sometimes the monster heel who's unbeaten needs to get beat by the top dog. But just not their first match.

I agree with you that the top dog vs an unbeaten streak is money and should be won by the Ace from time to time. But when it comes to Cena, at point it really just a waste imo, there's much more to win from him not beating Rusev than him overcoming another challenge.

Also, when was the last time an unbeaten streak was important in WWE and they gave it to an underdog? I don't see that scenario being predictable at all in today's WWE.

Christian and the Usos beat the Shield and people shit all over it despite it making perfect sense.

Christian and the Usos beat the Shield and people shit all over it despite it making perfect sense.

That match was after Bryan/Orton/Kane defeated The Shield for the first time and ended their streak. That series of matches on SD! and that win helped Bryan a lot to gain the momentum that made WWE decide to put him against Cena at Summerslam. The "weak link" won and it started a huge thing for the guy.

I wasn't bothered by Christian/Usos winning that match on SD! though, it helped build their a title match at the next PPV.

Oh that's right, wasn't its Shield's first free TV loss or some shit? Anyway, there was a lot of people not understanding that the Shield were being cocky and were taking Christian and the Usos lightly, so they lose. It made the Shield show a little ass ,but not look weak at all... and returning Christian and just at the cusp Usos look great.

I've done a 180° with the Mania situation. I thought no matter what happened Reigns was getting booed out of the building if he got a one on one match with Brock. Now? worse case scenario he gets a 60-40 or 70-30 split. It's amazing what good booking does to someone with potential and aura like Roman, he finally gets a definitive character that suits him and is paired with a guy like Bryan and good things happen.

Now they have to deliver on Sunday though. But I think the only thing he needs is a good performance and a showing of respect by Bryan and he's set with the crowd.

Aside from the odd dynamic that presented both as heels/tweeners during the course of the show, I loved the closing Bryan/Reigns brawl. It made their match seem important and was the first time in the last few weeks that it didn't feel like manufactured heat between the two of them. Also very effectively let both get their shots in without either (i.e. Reigns given the size issue) come across as wholly dominant or like he was getting eaten up by someone smaller. Really amped for this and Cena/Ruseve at this point as I fully expect Bryan to bring out the best in Reigns on Sunday.

Really interested on what you guys think of

Reigns/Bryan vs The Usos

from this week's SD (show is already out on XWT), It's been a while since I saw that kind of slow paced, story driven tag match - that wasn't a 6 man or Survivor tag - in WWE. I thought it was very good and refreshing.

Watched this based on the reaction (although not many seemed to watch it) in this thread and REALLY enjoyed it. I have a lot more confidence in Roman Reign's as a top guy after that tag team turmoil match and am really looking forward to his match with Bryan.

As an aside, Big Show was really great in this match. His matches get better the more he gets to talk trash.

I got super scared when I saw Dusty today. When people that used to be very round suddenly loose a lot of weight in old age that is generally a really bad sign.

It's not that sudden. He's made a big effort to drop weight the last couple years.

Having Daniel Bryan come out before Roman Reign's match and get the first entrance, hurting Reign's reaction, wasn't a very smart thing to do to a guy you're trying to make your next ace.

Seems like I'm the person most interested in where they go with the Stardust/Goldust deal. If they actually let Dustin carry the feud in promos it could be really good. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a throwback to those sit down interviews he did back in like 97 where he took off the makeup and talked about his family. There is enough real stuff there he could talk about like not talking to his dad for years and doing crazy things like trying to get Vince to pay for implants for the Goldust character that would work better coming from Dustin than Goldust.

I got super scared when I saw Dusty today. When people that used to be very round suddenly loose a lot of weight in old age that is generally a really bad sign.

It's not that sudden. He's made a big effort to drop weight the last couple years.

Here's a video of him talking about a sort of topics including the weight loss:

Basically comes down to just eating cleaner and cutting out a lot of crap.

I would also assume Dusty had gastric bypass, he has the gaunt look people tend to get afterwards due to dropping a lot of weight quickly. A co worker of mine recently had it done and he went from over 500 pounds to around 300 in less than a year and he has the same look.

1bfb22ecf9da00aef841bb84bd5a3bd8.jpg

Is Vince really so out of touch that he doesn't realize how this comes across to the average person?

Stuff like this is why WWE's wellness policy is a joke.

Does anybody seriously believe that a 69 year old can look like this (even if there's a lot of lighting and parlour tricks adding to it) without considerable assistance from AAS?

So Bryan mentioned in an interview that he wasn't actually cleared to return to wrestle until the day before his first match back. That doesn't seem to be the thing you want to say when there's already stories out about how mickey mouse your training staff/doctors are.