Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Wellness policy only counts for the wrestlers themselves. Office staff can juice as much as they like. Also what could they do if it applied to Vince. Should he fire himself?

Aren't ALL WWE employees subject to it? Even if they aren't, regardless, how exactly should anybody take it seriously when as much as 90% of the roster are subverting the policy in some manner or another, not to mention the fact that the boss (the one who chose to implement it) is clearly not leading by example?

The Wellness Policy is a huge load of horseshit, it seems the only people who are caught out are those with substance use issues that pose a problem to their work (alcohol, painkillers, somas, etc, which is probably the only good thing) or weren't smart enough to get a valid prescription/mask it effectively when their time to test came up.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Main Event Reaction Show should be really fun this week. Listen to Johnny Sorrow use "Johnny Logic" to justify every booking decision.

That's stopped being fun about two years ago.

Disagree strongly. Having a voice for the company gives the show a different vibe instead of a bunch of guys jumping on the dogpile.

1bfb22ecf9da00aef841bb84bd5a3bd8.jpg

Is Vince really so out of touch that he doesn't realize how this comes across to the average person?

I'm not as surprised by Vince's appearance (which was likely airbrushed a good deal - I mean, I'm not saying the dude isn't in great shape, but from what I know about magazine/commercial photography, if the public is seeing it, it's been touched up), as I am about the ridiculous word choice.

"Better than ever at 69"?

If I read the article, is that fact confirmed by Linda? If yes, I think I taste my lunch coming back up.

I am waaaay behind reading this thread, but in response to something yesterday about Austin, has anyone else gotten the impression that he's speaking code language to say he'd have to take steroids and painkillers to make a return to the ring at this point and that he'd rather not put his body through that? Of course he can't come out and say that, but think about it. If Austin returned to the ring, it's not like we'd get a clean Austin.

I am waaaay behind reading this thread, but in response to something yesterday about Austin, has anyone else gotten the impression that he's speaking code language to say he'd have to take steroids and painkillers to make a return to the ring at this point and that he'd rather not put his body through that? Of course he can't come out and say that, but think about it. If Austin returned to the ring, it's not like we'd get a clean Austin.

Yeah, it seems like he's at the point where his body is in good shape for normal life activities and doesn't feel the need to bang it all up in a match again.

He's been very subtle about what he'd have to do to get back into the ring through his podcast and basically has said he's not going to put himself through that again.

Can't blame him, honestly. I personally have no issues with steroids as a whole and I don't think he does either. For him it sounds more like getting back into that frame of mind of getting ready to work, getting bit again by the bug of wanting to work all the time, and having to go through the withdraw like last time that he's trying to avoid...

I'd wager that Austin is still on something even now he's not wrestling. Most guys who make a living that involves being on the juice (especially the Pro Bodybuilders), find that when they stop using and move away from their profession that their natural production of testosterone is so shit that they require TRT just to have an element of normality.

Then of course, the biggest downside, is that once they come off the juice they lose a shit ton of size and that messes with their heads, so they get their TRT doses upped and some might even end up cruising again alongside their TRT.

yeah what fantastic said, stuff is so widespread nowadays. it's especially hilarious to see sportswriters & talk radio guys bash athletes for using PEDs while they themselves are on "hormone replacement therapy" and their shows/newspapers take ad money from the clinics that provide it...

I also thought it was kind of silly for Flair to doubt Triple H because he's not a full time wrestler anymore when, as far as WWE is concerned, Sting hasn't wrestled since 2001.

I think it actually makes sense kayfabe wise because Flair framed it as HHH wearing a suit and running the company, and since his character made that shift he's had 3 big matches (Bryan @ Mania, Evolution-Shield 6 mans) and lost all 3 of them. Now he's a CEO type who has others do his dirty work for him, and they're presenting Sting as a mythical supernatural legend

So Rhyno wrestled on NXT last night. He squashed a job guy then had a brief staredown with Finn Balor backstage. The commentary put over how NXT is a place where careers start and where careers can be reborn, which is a really cool idea if they run with it. They need a couple veteran hands on their roster that can work around the horn with the younger guys. And if we get anything resembling a 2009 ECW Christian run out of Rhyno, then that's just icing on the cake.

With this talk of Samoa Joe, potentially, being offered a try-out, I've realised that I'd love a good fat guy tag team. Who could team with Samoe Joe? Mike Knox? Mike Knox and Samoa Joe as Bray Wyatt's new family members. I'd dig that.

There's absolutely no chance of it happening, but there would be an easy solution to one of their biggest problems if they'd be open minded enough. Roman brings in his Samoan buddy to help him out at Fast Lane. Reigns goes over and gets Brock at Mania, and Bryan gets a match against Joe on the big stage. They get what the want, and the fans are satisfied.

Well, the non-internet fans that wanna see Bryan succeed wouldn't be happy. They don't know who the heck Samoa Joe is & wanna see Bryan win the big one (again) because it was taken away from him last time.

I don't think Joe is capable of getting in the required shape in time for Wrestlemania anyway. He's a good six months away, at least.

I don't think Joe is capable of getting in the required shape in time for Wrestlemania anyway. He's a good six months away, at least.

Definitely not. In fact, Joe would probably have to lose at least 30lbs before they'd probably even consider offering him an NXT deal. It kind of parallels Takeshi Morishima's WWE tryouts back in 2008 (I think) where he really impressed everybody, but they hated the fact he was so overweight and either they refused to sign him based on that, or he wasn't willing to lose weight and it fell through.

These days in WWE, it seems to only be acceptable to be overweight if you're like a Big Show or Mark Henry type. That's not really a bad thing, since WWE had a number of performers over the years who were dangerously overweight and encouraged to remain like that as it was part of their image, eg, Dusty, Yokozuna, Mabel, etc. I'm glad they've turned around their stance on it, although it sometimes goes too far, especially in regards to the Divas, who are often asked to lose weight even if they are a healthy size (Mickie James comes to mind) to fit some kind of idealised skinny female mold.

Definitely not. In fact, Joe would probably have to lose at least 30lbs before they'd probably even consider offering him an NXT deal. It kind of parallels Takeshi Morishima's WWE tryouts back in 2008 (I think) where he really impressed everybody, but they hated the fact he was so overweight and either they refused to sign him based on that, or he wasn't willing to lose weight and it fell through.

These days in WWE, it seems to only be acceptable to be overweight if you're like a Big Show or Mark Henry type. That's not really a bad thing, since WWE had a number of performers over the years who were dangerously overweight and encouraged to remain like that as it was part of their image, eg, Dusty, Yokozuna, Mabel, etc. I'm glad they've turned around their stance on it, although it sometimes goes too far, especially in regards to the Divas, who are often asked to lose weight even if they are a healthy size (Mickie James comes to mind) to fit some kind of idealised skinny female mold.

This statement would have made sense six years ago but doesn't really hold weight today. They have guys like Bull Dempsey and Kevin Owens on the roster, they're not only looking for underwear models anymore.

I don't think there's much evidence that Vince's tastes have really changed much over the years. Pushing smaller guys was usually forced upon him due to circumstances beyond his control. For the Kevin Owens of this world, it helps that tryouts are done at the performance centre with Vince having no involvement, because I doubt he would make the same hiring decisions that Hunter does, especially with people in his ear burying the tryout talent.