Pro Wrestling Only

Hell In A Cell 2012

goodhelmet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show won clean with a KO punch in what turned out to be a very good match. Most of the match was slow with Show dominating with power moves. they came back with some key spots and crowd was really into it in the final minutes. The key spots where Sheamus using White Noise on Show for a near fall. Show used a Vader reverse splash for a near fall. Show used the knockout punch the first time and Sheamus kicked out. Sheamus used the Brogue kick and Show kicked out. Sheamus went for another Brogue kick but Show blocked it and hit the second KO punch. No Dolph Ziggler at all.

Woman's Match

- Same old, same old. Seriously, they should just watch a bunch of old Jumping Bomb Angels matches, do non-stop spotfests and flying moves and stop trying to wrestle like men. The crowd might just get into it and it would be something drastically different. As for the match itself, I didn't mind but nobody gives a shit.

I did not watch the PPV, but had been noticing over the past couple of RAWs Sheamus had been having the match of the night (Sandow, two Barrett matches). I think between the ropes, I would argue Sheamus is a top 5 worker in WWE. He has an impressive offensive arsenal that builds well on itself. His matches have a uniquely stiff quality about them (especially the Barrett RAW match) that has been lacking in WWE since I can remember. His matches do not immediately start with him taking heat, which is the most annoying about current RAW matches is the Nitro Savage formula that a lot of guys follow. I have really grown to enjoy Sheamus as a worker ever since his match against Mark Henry at Summerslam 2011.

It is too bad they are neutering him with this weird happy-go-lucky character. I dont think he needs to turn heel at all. I actually think he works better as a face in the ring. His finish run is more conducive to being a face because he has so many near-fall ready spots and crowd pleasing moves. What he needs are a pair of jeans, leather jacket, some sunglasses and a book of John McClane's best one-liners. :)

EDIT: Didnt Maddox fuck over Punk in the match he reffed? Was this supposed to be some make good? Can Maddox wrestle? I am not familiar with WWE's developmental at all.

I thought the show was really good top to bottom. Show vs. Sheamus was the obvious highlight. Will nailed it when it comes to Show. I am not a guy who normally likes matches where that many finishers get kicked out of, but goddamn, did they earn the right to do it tonight.

Rey/Cara vs. PTP not only reinforced to me that the Players didn't need AW in their act, I think it kinda proved they do their schtick better without him. I mean, I had kinda warmed up to AW by the end, but he always felt like a distraction from what they do well as an act rather than an addition, and just didn't fit in with their chemistry. Without him, they've really got their act down pat.

Sin Cara is weird. Every now and then, I think he's about to turn a corner, and then he goes and shits all over it in his next match. I haven't seen his Cesaro match, but he had a really good match earlier in the year on Superstars against Drew McIntyre, and it wasn't all D-Mac (though it was mostly D-Mac). He might get it right someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I actually was digging Punk/Ryback. I said to my buddy that I didn't like Ryback as much as Goldberg in '98, but I like Punk more than DDP in '98, so I thought they could pull it out, and they did. Watching this, I think Ryback has what it takes to work longer upper-card matches, and Punk was awesome cowering, bumping, and intermittently channeling Flair and Savage.

The finish was absolute shit, though. That totally killed the crowd I was watching with. Let me get this straight - you're an evil referee for hire. You've been payed to help C.M. Punk beat Ryback, a man known to beat opponents, sometimes two at the same time, in mere minutes. And you wait eleven fucking minutes* to do something?! Especially when that something was as simple as low-blowing Ryback and helping Punk hold him down while you made the count!? No, that's bullshit. That is a finish that screams "we couldn't think of a real ending, so here's this thing we pulled out of our asses at the last moment. Thanks for your money, fuckers!"

But yeah, good show, shame it went out on such a sour note.

*One of my friends timed it. We were curious how long the "long" Ryback match was going to be.

The finish was absolute shit, though. That totally killed the crowd I was watching with. Let me get this straight - you're an evil referee for hire. You've been payed to help C.M. Punk beat Ryback, a man known to beat opponents, sometimes two at the same time, in mere minutes. And you wait eleven fucking minutes* to do something?! Especially when that something was as simple as low-blowing Ryback and helping Punk hold him down while you made the count!? No, that's bullshit. That is a finish that screams "we couldn't think of a real ending, so here's this thing we pulled out of our asses at the last moment. Thanks for your money, fuckers!"

I agree with the general principle that the heel ref who calls the match down the middle until the end is stupid, but I think Punk/Ryback did it about as well as it can be done. HIAC is no holds barred, so there was nothing for the ref to rule on. And I'm pretty sure there were no actual pin attempts before the finish.

Can you stop posting SOLELY for the purposes of trolling?

Not trolling. Just tired of seeing the same straw men pop up repeatedly.

didn't see the show, but am really disappointed that they did a screwjob finish in the main. I was telling a buddy the other day that I really thought they should have Punk win clean in a flash finish. They could have done something like the Bret/Diesel match where Bret won with an inside cradle after getting dominated. If I'd been booking this I'd have had Ryback just totally decimate Punk and then get a little over-confident and have punk counter the Shell Shock with a small package or something. I don't think it would have really hurt Ryback since they could sell it as the less experienced guy made 1 mistake and the "Best in the World" capitalized on it. If they really plan on Punk/Rock at the Rumble I feel like a legit win for Punk here would have gone a long way without any real downside.

I LOVED Show/ Sheamus so much. And the whole show was a lot of fun. I gotta say, I loved the finish to the HITC. It took a nutshot from the ref (who is no longer under AJ's protection after fucking over Punk a few weeks ago), a rollup with said ref holding down The Ryback's legs and THEN do a fast count, to "beat" Ryback.

I can't wait for Punk's sleazy "I BEAT RYBACK!" promo. It's gonna totally turn him full sleazy chickenshit heel.

And you wait eleven fucking minutes* to do something?!

It was obviously a case of Punk and Heyman wanting to at least try to beat Ryback, since Punk is an egomaniac about his skills. The bought ref was told to do what he did if Ryback had Punk beaten and in the hold leading to the shellshock.

I honestly cannot believe anyone loved the finish. I can see thinking it wasn't as bad as I did. I can even (maybe) see thinking it was the best available of the shitty options. But actually enjoying it and thinking it was a good finish? I am amazed there are people who fall into that category.

I loved it because

1. It surprised me as I didn't notice who the ref was until it happened.

2. It deflated me briefly. I was marking out as I was thinking Ryback was gonna win, and then Punk and Heyman pull out the last trick they had up their sleeves. And I booed cause for a minute I hated Punk and Heyman. Then I thought about it and laughed, as there's nothing I like better uopn reflection, than a heel chicken shitting his way to a cheap win. I'm always of two minds, lol.