Pro Wrestling Only

Who took the best backdrop?

I just finished Will's Buddy Rose set and am now 100 percent convinced that Buddy was the best of all time at taking backdrops. He looked out of shape and on the big side, so when he went up to take the backdrop, that was impressive in and of itself. He usually got some big air and landed hard, which is also essential. Finally, he was awkward and uncoordinated enough that the backdrop didn't look totally like a staged fake wrestling move.

Combine all that with Buddy's facial expressions and selling after landing (and sometimes during the backdrop if the camera angle was right) and you got the best taker of backdrops of all time.

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought of a backdrop suplex rather than a back body drop?

There is a move that is called a backdrop that is similar to a back suplex. At least according to late 80s Jim Ross. I'm guessing this thread is about the move from the ropes though. "He put his head down! Well that was a cardinal mistake for a pro"

• 2 weeks later...

Complete opposite, but still relating to a backdrop..

The single WORST backdrop in the HISTORY of this sport is Hogan's from Andre on the floor at Mania 3.

Hogan goes for piledriver, Andre takes like 30 seconds to stand up, Hogan slides down his back SLOWLY and falls to floor, and sells it like he was 10 feet in the air..

I was 8 and knew it was a shit move....

If you dont remember it or if it was THAT bad...look it up.