Pro Wrestling Only

The Last Indie Show You Went To?

theconstipatedsmark

I got to go to beyond Wrestling's Americanrana some weeks back. It was a great show and featured some fairly big name indie talent like Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen and MASADA. I hope I can make the trip down to Rhode Island again in a few weeks when they come back.

Before that I went to a Big Time Wrestling show in Massachusetts. It's your typical indie that books some fairly big name wrestlers, but doesn't really get talked about much beyond the state. At the show I went to they had Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashly, Jim Duggan and Hillbilly Jim.

How about you?

Some league came to my home town. Kamala was in the main event. This was about a year before he lost his legs. The sad part was you could take a picture with him in the ring for $20 but no one got in the ring. I paid $10 for an autographed photo just to help him out. Poor dude!

I went about seven hours to Ayr, Scotland... to see Robbie E.

That's not as ridiculous as it reads. It was *supposed* to be three and a bit hours but both our sat navs broke and we couldn't pick up 3G, and I went mainly because my buddy was doing ring announcing after having not been involved in that for a while, and because I've started up a video production business and the promoter gave me the green light to shoot some stuff for a showreel.

It was Pro Wrestling Elite's second anniversary, and it boasted a pretty damn great Mickie James vs. Nikki Storm match, and a very fine (family friendly) street fight with the awesome Johnny Moss going over Dave Mastiff/Moralez. Show also had UK indy names like Mad Man Manson, Lion Kid, Mark Haskins etc. Been a long time since I was involved in (or even at) any live wrestling so that was good. Getting home at 5:30am, not so much.

In June, I went to a show at some night-club in South Texas to see a trios match that featured El Hijo Del Santo, Hijo De Pierroth, Brazo De Plata, and some locals. Pierroth was a fun rudo to the audience. He was going on about the audience being poor indios that eat nopales (cactus), making absurd claims ("my dad is more famous than El Santo!") and he also had some good brawling exchanges with Santo. Santo hit all his signature stuff smoothly and slapped Pierroth around hard, to the delight of everyone. The kids loved Plata and Santo and celebrated with them at the end. Good times.

I got to go to beyond Wrestling's Americanrana some weeks back. It was a great show and featured some fairly big name indie talent like Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen and MASADA. I hope I can make the trip down to Rhode Island again in a few weeks when they come back.

Before that I went to a Big Time Wrestling show in Massachusetts. It's your typical indie that books some fairly big name wrestlers, but doesn't really get talked about much beyond the state. At the show I went to they had Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashly, Jim Duggan and Hillbilly Jim.

How about you?

Funny thing is that this was my last show too haha. I hit up two nights of 2CW with Piper and his son there. Friday I have another show with Nunzio being there.

Dragon Gate in 2010 or something. Pretty fun, although I enjoyed the road trip and the night out after more than the actual show it has to be said.

No surprise there, seeing as it's Dragon Gate ;) In all seriousness though, I went with a busload of guys to Philly for the NJPW shows a couple years back and the bus trip was epic.

Some league came to my home town. Kamala was in the main event. This was about a year before he lost his legs. The sad part was you could take a picture with him in the ring for $20 but no one got in the ring. I paid $10 for an autographed photo just to help him out. Poor dude!

Cheap ass motherfucker.

:lol:

I went to an outdoor show in Jasper, GA held on a lot adjacent to an Irish pub a few weeks back. The main event was Kyle Matthews vs. Cyrus The Destroyer who are a couple of relatively big names in the local indie scene here in the tri-state area. It wasn't much of a show because we got rained on which in turn didn't help any with the humidity. It was fine though. The pub had good food too.

Other than the UWC shows I attend and record for the YouTube show I produce, the last indy show I went to was about 2/3 of the Chikara WrestleCon show in April. Also caught the PWS show that Thursday with the illustrious Bix, which was cool because it had the Rock 'n' Roll on it.