Pro Wrestling Only

Darren Young comes out as gay in TMZ airport interview

Bix

Of course, even if it was a choice, who gives a shit?

Not me.

Back to the topic, I really wonder if Young coming out will be covered in the pre or post game shows for Summerslam. It seems like something they would end up randomly including in a short segment in that setting.

They will have him be a lead in all the anti-bullying stuff I'd think from now on, but I think he's been doing those for a long time now anyways, it wouldn't surprise me to see WWE try to use this in every way they possibly can cause that's what they do

You have several gay friends and they all tell you it's a choice they made? That's highly unusual. I've been part of LGBT activism for nearly my entire life and while I have known several people who would refer to their sexuality as a choice, the overwhelming majority believe they were either "born" gay or had no choice in the matter of who they are attracted to.

I prefer Heath Slater as a bumper. I think Slater is one of the best jobbers they have had in a long time. I know that sounds like a backhanded compliment, but whenever Zack Ryder bitches and moans about not being pushed; it irks me to no end because he sucks as a jobber and he could learn a lot from Slater. Darren Young is a lot of meh to me. Titus O'Neil seems like the star to me especially with that bark, which will be over like rover in a couple years.

Real question, would Pat Patterson be the first openly gay wrestler or does he not count because it is just a poorly kept secret? I know that someone mentioned they were surprised that JR was pro-gay marriage, but I do think Pat has had a lot to do with something like that as he seems really well-liked in the inner WWF/E circles. I really enjoy his appearances on the Legends' Roundtable and I do think his presence paved the way for someone like a Darren Young.

It's not a choice or a lifestyle, any more so than being born with a cock or black is.

no one is born that way that's cop out garbage, its VERY much a choice, it's not comparable to your sex or race, those are things your born with, deciding you want to be in a relationship with the same sex is a choice period

My dick likes what my dick likes. I don't choose what gives me a stiffy. It just does.

It's not a choice or a lifestyle, any more so than being born with a cock or black is.

no one is born that way that's cop out garbage, its VERY much a choice, it's not comparable to your sex or race, those are things your born with, deciding you want to be in a relationship with the same sex is a choice period

So you can train your dick to get hard when looking at a man?

Deciding to be in any relationship is a choice, unless we are talking about a return to arranged marriages or slavery. Being physically attracted to certain things is much, much, much less likely to be a choice.

I won't argue but your not born that way so it is a choice, but we all can believe what we want. I choose to Love women not men, its a choice that I made, I've been hit on in the gym & several other places by gay men, I choose to not go that route, I have several gay friends & never once has one told me they were born gay, they will openly tell you it's there ''preference'' which means its there choice, its the same thing

Someone can be celibate and still be gay. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with sexual behavior. Sexual orientation is about sexual attraction. One can have gay sex and be straight. One can have sex with the opposite sex and be gay. Attraction is innate; it's not chosen. Behavior is a choice, but everyone knows that.

This is reminding me why this board is Pro Wrestling Only. :(

that choice or life style

Yuck this type of retrograde thinking is what drives Gay people to suicide. I've known more than a few people for whatever reasons desperately wanted to be not gay whether it be religion, parents, rural isolation or social inclusion reasons. Never met anyone who thought it was remotely a choice.

I won't argue but your not born that way so it is a choice, but we all can believe what we want. I choose to Love women not men, its a choice that I made, I've been hit on in the gym & several other places by gay men, I choose to not go that route, I have several gay friends & never once has one told me they were born gay, they will openly tell you it's there ''preference'' which means its there choice, its the same thing

Not to be vulgar but were you erect during these convos with gay men? Are you admitting to being bisexual and only acting on your sexual desire with women. I am lost?

You have several gay friends and they all tell you it's a choice they made? That's highly unusual. I've been part of LGBT activism for nearly my entire life and while I have known several people who would refer to their sexuality as a choice, the overwhelming majority believe they were either "born" gay or had no choice in the matter of who they are attracted to.

Someone can be celibate and still be gay. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with sexual behavior. Sexual orientation is about sexual attraction. One can have gay sex and be straight. One can have sex with the opposite sex and be gay. Attraction is innate; it's not chosen. Behavior is a choice, but everyone knows that.

Those two.

The extremely few people that I've dealt with who claim they had a choice... when you really scratch the surface with them, there (i) isn't much choice, and (ii) it ends up not being worth arguing with them about it. They've come to their own way of accepting they're LGBT, so why bother butting heads. Unless they're going to be going the un-gay route, in which case they in for a lot of hurt.

I tend to get the vibe that a lot of the people who "aren't gay" and strongly cling to the "it's a choice" theory are people who sense in themselves a whole lot of LGB attraction. They have to con themselves into the "choice" theory to avoid thinking too closely about what they really feel. Because seriously... if you're really confident in your own heterosexuality, why do you give a shit about the fact that people are born LGBT? I mean... I get being agnostic on it:

"I haven't read the science, and I don't really know a lot of gay people to talk about this. I just don't know."

Some of us can drop the boatloads of studies on such a person, but if they don't really care one way or the other, I can see being agnostic on it.

But to be an atheist on it, that's just being willfully wrong... and protesteth too much.

i dont necessarily want to fan the flames of such an absurd discussion but i do think if many anti-gay marriage people had enough grasp on logic to understand that their claim that homosexuality is a "choice" is an implicit admission that they are equally attracted to members of their same sex, then that talking point would not be around much longer