Pro Wrestling Only

Good Will Wrestling - 1980s Lucha

Another thing common to Lucha is the three rudos on one technico beatdown. This can be jarring for people at times because they expect the faces to make the save and they rarely do. It's something that I got over quick, but I also wish I had known about it before hand.

Other than the Lucha guys and the guys mentioned the best guy active from the previous sets may actually be Ricky Morton and that is a pretty big drop off. Tom Prichard might show up on the Portland set and he has been really awesome the two times I've seen him this year so there is that.

Totally agree on Dandy as possibly the most versatile guy ever and that is a point I've hammered home myself many times. On the surface I'd say it's either him or Buddy Rose.

Great podcast, I just wish you guys had mentioned La Fiera.

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask. What's the easiest way to figure out who the team captains are in trios matches? Like, are they always introduced in a standard order? I usually just figure it out based on fall finishes, but I'm sure there's a better way.

5558618[/url]']

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask. What's the easiest way to figure out who the team captains are in trios matches? Like, are they always introduced in a standard order? I usually just figure it out based on fall finishes, but I'm sure there's a better way.

I don't thik there is a better way unless you speak Spanish. Also, maybe Chicana or Satanico was historically the captain of the Infernales or Texano was the captain of the MDM. You would need a historian to fill you in.

Listened to this last night, good stuff.

Kris, you echoed some of my thoughts on Atlantis. From early on, in his match teaming up with El Hijo Del Santo against Fuerza/Rubio, it was just really apparent that this guy was a natural in the ring. Graceful high-flying, can go on the mat and can get down and brawl. Really excited about this set.

As far as captains go, maybe I can work on a list to get non-Spanish speakers aware of who the captains are in trios, if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent primer for the set. You can tell Phil and Kris are so passionate about Lucha as they are so excited and talking over each other during this. I've only got into lucha last few years. The referee counts were something I noticed at first but they are pretty consistent with the slow counts that I got use to fine. I'd say the thing I had the most difficulty getting use to was in the trios matches with the consecutive pinfalls happening really quick that was mentioned. I've learned in my own way to just accept that the first pinfall during fall is pretty much the end and the rest of things is extracurricular stuff. Have this set on tap but holding off until I'm fully ready to go since I just completed AWA ballot and didn't watch to rush in too quickly to this.

I can make out some Spanish since I'm a Comm major and it's required. The few times I've paid attention to the announcer it seems they announce the captain last in the respective teams. There also seems to be something said before the last name is announced too. It might be pertaining to captaincy but I can't guarantee that one way or the other.