Pro Wrestling Only

wwf to wcw

vannaboy

This may end of being a dumb question. But has anyone left WWF / E for WCW only to become a bigger star. I ask this because I can list many going from WCW to the E. Undertaker, Austin HHH and many more. But I cant think of any the other way. And by star I mean was a mid card / jobber to become a top guy. The only one comes. To mind is Rude maybe.

Kevin Nash. Even though he held the WWF title for a year, I would say he became a bigger star upon his return to WCW and the nWo angle.

Scott Hall as well.

Ricky Steamboat is arguable as you could argue he was a bigger "star" as WWF IC Champ than he was as NWA World Champ. He certainly became a bigger star upon his return to WCW in late 1991 though than he was as "the Dragon".

Jim Duggan never won gold in WWF but held the US and TV titles in WCW! Whether or not he was a bigger star there though is debatable, I'd say he probably wasn't.

He never won any gold in WWF, but he got to #71 in the UK Singles charts with the masterpiece "USA" in 1993. He never achieved musical success like that again.

Posted Image

You have to remember back then that there were less titles and they changed much less frequently. I think the big coronations were more than a European champion ever got. That said, it's probably less than being TV champ since that was defended so frequently. Getting the King mantle was almost like winning a gimmick. It still meant more than the Million Dollar Belt since that basically only changed hands once.

Does Cactus Jack count? He only jobbed in WWF but still fits the bill as a guy who worked there and went to WCW and had some success. Obviously he came back and became a "star" but still.

I'd put Barry Windham in that category too, was a flop but arguably a bigger star in WCW than he was previously in WWF.