Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Christmas Presents

Sidebottom

Posted Image

I discovered pro graps as a 9 year in the Summer of 1985. I got the PWI Year in Review issue above in my stocking on Christmas Morning 1985. It was the first wrestling magazine I ever read and spurred my interest in learning more about the business outside of what was shown on TV.

The next year my mom procured 4 tix to the SNME at JLA that set up WM3.

My first and favorite wrestling related Christmas gift was a VHS copy of The 1987 Jim Crockett Senior Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament, in the giant clam shell packaging that VHS tapes used to come in.

I no longer have a VCR, but I still have that tape.

This year, I am receiving a copy of the "Shooters" book that got pimped heavily on this board some time back!

I've got a fantastic Christmas lined up, one that will make my people proud -- disc 7 of the 1993 Yearbook, basketball and chinese food. To keep things on topic, this year I got the WWE Winged Eagle belt for hannukah. I may have had to order it myself, because how the hell is the wife supposed to know about that? Anyways its cool as hell and fun to have around the house. I've got no idea what to do with it, but I love it. Happy Holidays to all!

Not an actual gift, per se, but a nice treat...

As my 2-year old daughter was going to bed on Monday, she came to tell me goodnight. I was watching Raw. She watched for a few seconds, then said, "Oh! We should go see that some time!"

Taking her to a show would be mind-blowing for me.

When I was 16 Stone Cold was my favorite wrestler in the world, and my mom got me a life-size Steve Austin cardboard stand-up. I didn't ask for it, and I didn't know it existed, and I didn't really need it, but the idea of my mom carrying a 6'+ cardboard Stone Cold through the mall (especially knowing how much she absolutely cannot stand pro wrestling) always makes me smile. I still can't believe she even considered buying it.

It's still upstairs at my parents house, just lingering in a corner. Every member of the family has been scared half to fucking death by that thing. You go a couple years without seeing it and suddenly you come around the corner and turn on the lights, and some giant bald dude is just waiting in the shadows to beat the shit out of you.

I bought one of those $20 toy belts for my kid, but he wasn't interested so now I have the WWE World Championship belt sitting in a place of honor on my computer. I won't mention how I've wanted one of my own every since I watched the episode of Saturday Night where Flair first came out with the Big Gold.

• 2 weeks later...