Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Christmas Presents

Sidebottom

What have you got over the years which has made you smile or made you squirm and are you expecting anything this year?

The best I ever got was a whole lot of Hasbro merch back in 1991, including the ring, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and Rick Rude figures. Sure, looking back the psycology of two huge babyfaces double teaming a much smaller heel was well out of whack, but it's an untouchable memory all the same.

The best Wrestling related Xmas gifts would be when I received a whole bunch of the AWA Remco guys along with an AWA VHS of the Greatest Tag matches back in the mid 80's. I remember getting The Freebirds, Blackwell, Hansen, Colon and Abby. Always enjoyed the Remco guys compared to the WWF LJN guys.

The worst would probably be last year when I received the WWE DVD OMG top 50 moments. I wasn't able to return it to the store and took me about 10 fuckin months to sell it on Ebay!

I got Ringmasters: The Great American Bash for Christmas the year it came out. My folks bought it through one of the magazines and got it shipped to Canada...must've cost eleventy billion dollars. Remember, it was a vhs tape. I still have it.

My grandfather picked me up the first two series of the Superstar Pro Wrestling Game that came out back in th early-mid 80's. He ordered it when it was in Florida. Very cool game...I still have that one, too.

Santa never brought me wrestling related presents. I think the closest I've come to wrestling was my parents telling me as a kid that Santa would throw salt in my eyes if I saw him delivering presents on Christmas Eve.

You had a Japanese Santa?

I do appreciate the salt being thrown in matches but still didn't think it was enough for Yoko to beat Bret at WrestleMania 9. My parents would really do up Christmas though. Leaving out the snacks and sherry for Santa when he arrived. The salt threats was all about us kids not walking downstairs to see my parents being shitfaced from the sherry and making a ton of noise while putting the presents under the tree.

When I was like 12, my mom got me a subscription to like, all of the Apter mags. That was cool for a few years. Then I found the internet and realized everything in those things was horseshit, even above and beyond the horseshit that was pro wrestling in the first place. That was a disappointing day.

Nine times our of Ten my wife does right by me, but a few years back I got a Gary Hart campaign biography.....

Awesome.

I remember getting the Wrestlemania VHS game many moons ago. I never even played the board game, I just watched the two hour video full of great highlights over and over that came with it.

One year I asked for the Kamala LJN figure, but I wound up getting the unofficial Johnny Sorrow blowup doll. Everytime you squeeze it, it says "That was fucking awesome!". I still have nightmares about that one!

Apparently some of these dolls got pulled from stores as they were making inappropriate comments about sticking a digit in chicks dressed up like Ricky Morton.

I had a Christmas story moment for my greatest wrestling related gift. I was nine years old and it was 1988. After all the presents and stockings were opened, my mom told me to check the tree for any more gifts. There was an envelope with my name on it. Inside, the card read Starrcade 1988. My first PPV at home. To say I was excited would be an understatement. Best gift ever.