Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Kingdom 8

Loss

Punk, Dragon and Regal may love him but I don't.

No problems with that it is your personal preference. Just he is REALLY respected all round by wrestlers and promoters. On levels I genuinely don't know other wrestlers are. Maybe Bryan Danielson when he was on the indies in terms having a quality match, locker room wise and conducting business the right way. I've friends who are his trainees who speak very highly of him too. You can verify what I am saying with other posters here whether it be Alan4L or Brian Elliot. I believe am not over stating anything about Fergal anyone who has had first hand dealings with him are pretty effusive about it.

Overcompensating in a terribly pandering way due to your geographically driven feelings of insignificance?

Wait hold on you asked for that reply and now you are throwing tantrum about it. You are being a bit you are being bit of a crybaby here. I am sorry Devitt's credentials as strong as they are.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wires crossed there. That was the other guy. I'm just connecting years worth of mildly irritating dots instead of looking for any actual content or meaningful discussion. I'll actually bow out of it in a moment since PWO is too nice a place for this sort of thing.

I don't get what this argument is about. I'm sure Devitt's a great guy and fantastic to work with professionally. What does that have to do with the quality of his ring work?

I'd love for Rovert to go into why he thinks Devitt is a great worker other than pointing out what people on Twitter or Alan4L think of him. Like I said, whenever anyone on here doesn't like a NJPW show or doesn't like Tanahashi, he posts that the people whose opinion he trusts (Observer board/Alan4L) all disagree so we must be wrong. I'd really love to hear his own opinion this time. Not pointing out other people's thoughts as validation.

I'm just connecting years worth of mildly irritating dots instead of looking for any actual content or meaningful discussion.

Well that's rather obvious given your terrible line of reply.

Personally I am not a very nationalistic person. One side of family grew up right in the heat of The Troubles in Northern Ireland. So the whole concept turns my stomach a bit and simply tedious. So you were barking up the completely wrong tree with your childish dismissal of what I've said simply stating it was nationalism.

I don't get what this argument is about. I'm sure Devitt's a great guy and fantastic to work with professionally. What does that have to do with the quality of his ring work?

Not too much just rzombie1988's dismissal of him and his appeal was just too strong, sheltered and close minded.

Like I said, whenever anyone on here doesn't like a NJPW show or doesn't like Tanahashi, he posts that the people whose opinion he trusts (Observer board/Alan4L) all disagree so we must be wrong.

This screams Matt D 2.0 to me. It could be my Irish memory but I've never said this. Link me when I've done this? It shouldn't be hard as it happens "whenever anyone on here doesn't like a NJPW show or doesn't like Tanahashi."

Regardless of the point's accuracy, I can't tell you how much I hate it when dudes try to be macho and talk about "sucking dick" as praising and being "on someone's dick" as being a fan. It's a word choice that comes across as sexist or homophobic, although I don't think that's the intent most of the time. I'm not saying this to ban people from using the phrase. Say what you want. I'm just letting you know how I think it sounds.

I'm guessing you don't watch Adam Cole matches in PWG? Isn't that his whole gimmick there?

I remember the good old days of wrestling message boarding, when the Europeans were only distinguishable by paragraphs of TL;DR nonsense about PAL and NTSC. :)

And then Jerome would chime in about SECAM.

It was odd how back in the 90s I was able to trade tapes with Australians and Kiwis but not the French until PAL/SECAM VCR's were the norm.

Yeah Devitt just isn't very good. The way I put it is that he's very much a "pretendy" pro wrestler. He just goes through the motions of hitting moves because they look cool, without any substance. As a babyface he'd run through his checklist of dropkicks and flips and stomps and what have you, and now as a heel he runs through a checklist of American Heel Tactics: mock the guy, interference, expose the turnbuckle, interference, grab a chair, interference... It's really quite dull.

Guest TheGreatPuma

Devitt had one of my favourite entrances ever with the Carnage? outfit. The guy has a lot of charisma and he has a loyal in built fan base with the NJPW audience which you could see growing with the audience when he was a face. Terrific in press conferences. I'm a big Ibushi fan so even though it was against Devitt who I'm also a fan of I was really glad as a fan to see Ibushi win the belt.

Okada vs Naito was epic. Looooved it.

I didn't watch the whole show but I did want to say the entrances ....... WOW!

Seven is massive oddball who has a bizarre obsession with myself and Dylan Waco for some reason registering and re-registrating with various sites, forum and social media outlets with 100s of accounts. I could go into more detail. I've long since ignored him as his conduct online and past history is genuinely unsavoury.

I stand by what I said on Twitter as it was what I said here.

And yet there is a thread in the Microscope begging to examine the greatness of Prince Devitt with no takers. Tanahashi supporters and Kurt Angle supporters had no problem jumping in and explaining why they loved those guys. Must be hard for Devitt.

Where did I mention Devitt's in ring greatness in this thread? I just said he was really respected in the industry not this guy that only gets by on his Twitter posts and nationalistic support. That's it.

Guest TheGreatPuma

Devitt had one of my favourite entrances ever with the Carnage? outfit. The guy has a lot of charisma and he has a loyal in built fan base with the NJPW audience which you could see growing with the audience when he was a face. Terrific in press conferences. I'm a big Ibushi fan so even though it was against Devitt who I'm also a fan of I was really glad as a fan to see Ibushi win the belt.

Okada vs Naito was epic. Looooved it.

I didn't watch the whole show but I did want to say the entrances ....... WOW!

Or was that An Attack of the Titans outfit? I haven't watched the show but have seen reviews of it and Devitt's walk reminded me of a Titan. Maybe an Carnage/Titan hybrid? Now that is something you wouldnt' want to mess with.

Where did I mention Devitt's in ring greatness in this thread? I just said he was really respected in the industry not this guy that only gets by on his Twitter posts and nationalistic support. That's it.

So to be clear, you aren't arguing any of the criticisms against his in-ring style in this thread and you support him basically because you are both Irish?

I remember the good old days of wrestling message boarding, when the Europeans were only distinguishable by paragraphs of TL;DR nonsense about PAL and NTSC. :)

It was odd how back in the 90s I was able to trade tapes with Australians and Kiwis but not the French until PAL/SECAM VCR's were the norm.

When I bought my first tapes in 1998 I already had an NTSC compatible VCR. ;) But I can't seem to convert my tapes onto DVD though, which sucks, although it would take a ridiculous amount of time I wouldn't be ready to spent these days I believe.

We had the Minitel well before the Internet was all around, bitches !!

Well, of course when the Internet was popular everywhere else, we still had the damn Minitel...

So to be clear, you aren't arguing any of the criticisms against his in-ring style in this thread and you support him basically because you are both Irish?

Someone made the point that he was only popular because he was Irish and got down on Twitter. Rovert responded that was ridiculous and said that he is respected within wrestling. I think that was the extent of his point - not that Rovert is even a fan specifically.

What Loss said.

Maybe listen to Devitt's Art of Wrestling episode and Colt's comments about Fergal both before and after the interview itself, Will. Even as someone who makes really good money without being in WWE and TNA Colt is kind of blown away by the "thing" Fergal has going for himself pay/work/life balance, job stability, respect in the industry etc. To the degree Colt brought it up in other interviews.

Seven is massive oddball who has a bizarre obsession with myself and Dylan Waco for some reason registering and re-registrating with various sites, forum and social media outlets with 100s of accounts. I could go into more detail. I've long since ignored him as his conduct online and past history is genuinely unsavoury.

Wait what? Have I even interacted with Dylan at all? I just thought it was funny that you made a twitter post trying to get support. I've been around these boards for a while and it seemed like that kind of passive aggressive "who me?" kind of trolling you do/did on DVDVR and the F4W board.