Pro Wrestling Only

Daniel Bryan's "Heel" Turn

goodhelmet

41 members have voted

1. 1. The heel turn is...

• worth it because it will make DB a stronger face in the end?
    • stupid because it will kill off the most popular babyface in the company?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the theory that Kane's entire turn has been a secret plan to set him up as Bryan's man on the inside.

Timing certainly makes sense: Returns to attack the Wyatts, Bryan is screwed out of his "fair" title shot later that night, and the next night on Raw, Kane offers himself to Stephanie "for no apparent reason."

My spider sense started to tingle when Kane volunteered himself to be the keyholder for the cage match. What better way to make sure Bryan finally gets his revenge by having his buddy (who's bigger than both Rowan and Harper) standing guard.

I wonder if the timing of this has anything to do with the Michigan St basketball team doing the YES chants last week.

Daniel Bryan is too big for a Kane tag again. Maybe a RAW main event here and there but no way should Bryan and Kane be a regular tag team again. In fact, I love Kane's new role... not wrestling!!!!

They don't have to be a regular team again. WWE storytelling is always better when they remember to make room for something like the "old friend" role and guys can be long term allies without being a team. Think Test and Shane McMahon.

Also Kane is a great worker. Great.

So after Punk goes over HHH, he turns heel again on someone like Bryan and they have those two going at it for awhile? (I think their first go-around was Heel Bryan/Face Punk, right? sorry, there's like entire months of RAW over the last few years which would be fresh content to me).. but that's just an idea that might not make sense

But yeah... no idea which WM match ideas are the ones which will happen. Can't imagine they'd go with Orton until WM. There's a few big planets (Brock/Batista/Undertaker) that will pick something up in their orbit.. the Shield will have turmoil after the Rumble.. no idea what Bryan does but i've read rumors.

Until that's figured out, Bryan gets to send fans home happy on the road (in cities not getting Cena/Orton) by beating up Bray in the cage. The beating tonight was an indirect example of a "5 minutes in the ring with the villain" moment where the face looks like a million-billion bucks. Bray really ate the offense like a champ tonight and took the assbeating that he's been deserving for awhile. So in a way, this should wrap up Bryan/Wyatts on TV, which means Bryan would need to do something directly out of the Rumble.

I don't know if Bryan/Undertaker makes sense. But they really don't have a marquee Undertaker match for 30 without doing Brock/Undertaker again, or finally doing Cena/Undertaker.

Anyways.. Bray Wyatt really shined, in a way, tonight. So I can't tell you if they hit the escape hatch on the angle, but even if they did, Bray really made the moment even better for Daniel Bryan. Sometimes there's a way to shine in getting what you deserved

Alvarez said that one plan is for the HHH/Punk stuff to continue through SummerSlam, with a Punk/Batista match on that show being the continuation of it. Which I like because Batista as a heel is a million times better than as a face.

I know HHH has surprised us before, but after spending 7 months getting heel heat on him for this moment, I'd be shocked if the payoff isn't him losing at Mania. That would really be something.

Alvarez said that one plan is for the HHH/Punk stuff to continue through SummerSlam, with a Punk/Batista match on that show being the continuation of it. Which I like because Batista as a heel is a million times better than as a face.

I remember Batista/Punk having good chemistry, and they had some matches I thought were good. I think one of them may have been at Great American Bash 2008.. I liked that Batista ate and sold Punk's kicks in a way that reminded me of late 90's roided-up wrestlers getting kicked in MMA.

Of course he is. He's been wrong about the angle since the start. Almost everyone had this angle pegged for what it was from the start and Dave was writing about how perplexing it was for WWE to turn Daniel Bryan heel like it was a long-term thing. They didn't tease dissension between the Wyatts and Bryan in their very first match because this was planned to last six months.

Of course he is. He's been wrong about the angle since the start. Almost everyone had this angle pegged for what it was from the start and Dave was writing about how perplexing it was for WWE to turn Daniel Bryan heel like it was a long-term thing. They didn't tease dissension between the Wyatts and Bryan in their very first match because this was planned to last six months.

Almost everyone also had Bryan pegged for winning the title at HIAC.

Also, let's not go overboard in explaining Kane's involvement. So he joined the Authority because he knew that Luke Harper would get pinned in Bryan's first match with the Wyatts and that Bray would want to tag with Bryan as a result and that Harper and Rowan would run in for the DQ in that match and that Brad Maddox would call for a rematch in a cage? That's not long-term planning, that's some Batman-level shit.

Said this at DVDVR but if they are going forward with Hunter vs Punk at Mania, what I'd like to see is HHH coming out at 30 and winning the rumble, but it being revealed that they rigged his number so Bryan (the last guy in the ring other than him) gets a match vs him at Elimination Chamber for the shot. Punk helps Bryan win to further Punk vs HHH and Bryan goes on to face Orton at Mania.

I'm sorry, this is getting to be conspiracy theorist level stuff here. I can buy that they may have hot shotted the angle early due to house shows not being satisfactory, but

Dave also feels like Daniel Bryan not being at the network announcement in Las Vegas says everything we need to know about what the company thinks of him.

just feels like Dave is looking way too much into it.

Three of the biggest acts in the history of the company and two of them are the biggest in the history of the entire business. I'd understand if they had people like Big E or Roman Reigns there, two guys who the company looks at as future stars, I'd see his point.