Pro Wrestling Only

Daniel Bryan's "Heel" Turn

goodhelmet

41 members have voted

1. 1. The heel turn is...

• worth it because it will make DB a stronger face in the end?
    • stupid because it will kill off the most popular babyface in the company?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are already screaming about the falling sky and complaining about his new outfit. Whether it is a complete heel turn or not is not important. What it does to the enthusiasm of his fans does. If it ends up that he turns on the fmaily tomorrow, I will delete this poll because then it doesn't matter.

Are there really only two options in this situation? I don't think this angle will do any long-term damage to Bryan, because at some point (maybe tomorrow, maybe in a couple of months) he will turn on the Wyatts and go back to his old character and everyone will love it. But if this storyline does last a few weeks, will it really do him any good to change his name, gear, theme music, and working style (not sure how much working style will change but he's going to have to work heel to some degree for the angle to make sense)? For what Bryan is - an upper midcarder in a midcard angle - it's fine. For the top-level face he should be, I wouldn't do it. If this leads to Cena-Wyatt at Mania and Bryan is still with the Wyatts, I don't think that's a good thing because Bryan will be seen as playing second fiddle to Bray. But when this storyline is over he'll move on and he'll be a main eventer if they want him to or he'll be a midcarder if they want him to. It's all leading to a Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt match eventually which Bryan will win, so there.

I think it's cool that he's wrestling in coveralls. I always see old guys wearing coveralls and I'm all like, "Man, that dude has shit figured out." I waste so much time picking out a shirt and some pants to wear every day.

My doctor on wearing scrubs one day when he usually wore business casual at best: "Have you ever worn scrubs? It's like going to work in pajamas!"

Are there really only two options in this situation? I don't think this angle will do any long-term damage to Bryan, because at some point (maybe tomorrow, maybe in a couple of months) he will turn on the Wyatts and go back to his old character and everyone will love it. But if this storyline does last a few weeks, will it really do him any good to change his name, gear, theme music, and working style (not sure how much working style will change but he's going to have to work heel to some degree for the angle to make sense)? For what Bryan is - an upper midcarder in a midcard angle - it's fine. For the top-level face he should be, I wouldn't do it. If this leads to Cena-Wyatt at Mania and Bryan is still with the Wyatts, I don't think that's a good thing because Bryan will be seen as playing second fiddle to Bray. But when this storyline is over he'll move on and he'll be a main eventer if they want him to or he'll be a midcarder if they want him to. It's all leading to a Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt match eventually which Bryan will win, so there.

There are only two options because I don't think anyone expects Bryan to stay heel. However, does a heel turn in the middle of the biggest company babyface pops hurt his role as a face?

I'm not jumping to any conclusions because I have no idea what the direction with Bryan is. Months ago when they started the whole Authority angle and were screwing him out of the belt at every turn I assumed that he would win the Rumble and get a big Mania payoff. I have no idea if that was ever the plan, but it seemed logical. People who think he's "buried" are crazy, IMO. WWE booking and writing can be very spotty, but they've pushed the heck out of Bryan for the last year or so, and they go out of their way to protect him. He has Orton beat at every turn, he beats Cena clean, he's the first guy to beat The Shield......this is burial?

I have a hard time predicting where this goes because there is nothing concrete about the WM lineup right now. Usually by now you have an idea of what the top matches will be. There have been so many conflicting rumors with the top matches. Cena-Wyatt seems like a horrible idea to me, but that's the latest idea floated around. They talked about Cena and Hogan teaming against the Wyatts. Now Bryan is involved with the Wyatts. Would they do a 6 man with those guys? As a WM main event? And they teased Bryan against HBK pretty hard, and for a bit it looked like they'd do Bryan/Punk against DX. They seem to have abandoned that idea now.....but they throw so many different things out there that I really have no idea what to expect at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan against Kane at WM, honestly. It was a long running storyline which never had a blowoff match. There's something there with the Wyatts abducting Kane which never got paid off, and the Wyatts going after Bryan the same way. There's also the hint of the Wyatts working with The Authority, the way they attacked Bryan on RAW the first time, at the same time as Kane joining The Authority. They haven't really explored this angle at all and it may have been a total coincidence, and I don't really have faith in their writing putting this together, but it's at least out there as a general idea. If Bryan isn't going to be going for the title at WM, I think Kane is a nice distraction and it's an angle that has a ton of potential and would be a semi-main event type of match. Plus I assume that Kane will have a match @ WM30, and Bryan is the only matchup that really makes sense.

So guy joins cult because he's been pushed so far over the edge that he thinks that by doing whatever Bray says that he'll get what he's looking for. One of those things includes letting the leader do what he wants to him. Like test his loyalty by letting him get his ass whooped.

Worth it so far. There will be a tipping point for Bryan, he'll wake up, and that'll be that.

I also find it funny that as of this post, it's tied 11-11.