Pro Wrestling Only

WWE PayBack - Live as it happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm with Will. Once it picked up(and yeah, it took a while) it was a great callback to the Shield dominating through the numbers game getting a taste of their own medicine, and the announcers even picked up on that which is a minor miracle, and everything from the three on one with Reigns and especially Rollins' dive off was some pretty good WWE Cinematic stuff.

Also, Will's post was his 15000th post. (Unless he has his post count rigged but I don't think that's the case. I believe he has that many.)

Their was a lot of punishment for all involved. Still not my style of match I like in the Main Event. The finish with HHH resorting to his sledge hammer was neat. Still kind of a train wreck.I hate that all the hard work, and punishment they took was for naught. The match was just there .

Yeah, I'm with Will. Once it picked up(and yeah, it took a while) it was a great callback to the Shield dominating through the numbers game getting a taste of their own medicine, and the announcers even picked up on that which is a minor miracle, and everything from the three on one with Reigns and especially Rollins' dive off was some pretty good WWE Cinematic stuff.

Also, Will's post was his 15000th post. (Unless he has his post count rigged but I don't think that's the case. I believe he has that many.)

I think with me, Loss and sek, are post count goes back all the way to the NMB board. I enjoyed the hell out of this PPV.

Great, great show. Highly exceeded my expectations. Best WWE PPV this year so far, in my opinion, with Elimination Chamber having the best WWE match so far. Top to bottom, this show was pretty above average. Even the "bad" was inoffensive, kept short or funny. The only thing I didn't really like was the Brie acting & Kane's random involvement for no reason. And of course, as always, the commentary is bad. The ring work was great though. Sheamus/Cesaro was good. Wyatt/Cena was good. Shield/Evolution was good. Alicia/Paige was in the deathslot & still wasn't terrible. The added Rhodes/RybAxel match was good. Hornswoggle/Torito was entertaining. Rusev/Big E was short & had two awesome spots.

I'm a happy camper.

I dug the main event a lot but I had a MAJOR issue with a no holds barred elimination street fight turning into a standard 6 man in the middle. The opening brawling and everything once it broke down again was great, but that really bugged me in the middle. I get why they did it (Batista and HHH get blown up) but there are other ways to structure the match to give them breathers. I wouldn't have minded Evolution showing up to fight in street fight gear too, but meh, you never see that in WWE. Shield are already in street fight gear essentially.

Also, my network stream on PS3 started crapping out during the entrances and died midway thru the main after running fine the whole show. I had to switch to my laptop which I was not happy about. 3+ months since the Network launched and this shit is inexcusable. I won't be re-subscribing.

Fun show after lackluster TV build leading up to it. I'll add full thoughts later.

About the Kane interference, Kofi tweeted about Steph abusing her power and sympathizing with Bryan. Why they didn't even mention it on the broadcast, I have no idea but it's just another example of miscommunication because there's no way they make Kofi tweet that shit without having a reason for it.

About the Kane interference, Kofi tweeted about Steph abusing her power and sympathizing with Bryan. Why they didn't even mention it on the broadcast, I have no idea but it's just another example of miscommunication because there's no way they make Kofi tweet that shit without having a reason for it.

You know I think they did mention it on the Pre-Show and then near the end of the show they announced Kofi vs Bo Dallas which was treated like Kofi was completely surprised

Curious where the Shield goes from here? They pretty much smoked Evolution in every possible way now. I do not think they should do individual pairings of these six.

And it's not like the Wyatts have a lot of momentum or even a reason to feud with The Shield.

I guess Hunter can tease dissension on The Shield by putting the three of them in the MITB match. That way the can buy 1 month before building another filler match for Battleground before they can get to the supposed end game of Roman vs Hunter.

They mentioned Kofi's tweets on the pre and post shows. Cole/JBL/Lawler never seem to be clued in on this stuff

They are fucking unbearable at this point. Nothing seems exiting if you hear the commentary, everything is just there. Cole is doing a bad impression of Joe Buck.

current WWE is the weirdest mix of awesome wrestling and shit booking. Their big feuds are booked so poorly. In a lot of ways it really defies conventional wrestling logic. They book babyfaces like the Shield and Cena waaaay too strong. Granted Bryan has been made to look weak with the title, but he's the exception. Cena running the table on the Wyatts pretty much for months now has done nothing to elevate Bray really. That feud has really made no progress for either guy.

As for Shield/Evolution, I really question having the Shield win the first match. If they were planning to have the Shield sweep the elimination match (which felt like a blowoff match) then why not have Evolution win the first match to make things seem a little more dire for them? I mean I guess now the Shield looks really strong, but the booking just seemed odd to me. And the booking within this match seemed really weird too. The Shield getting totally decimated and then suddenly sweeping the match felt really abrupt after the whole Shield beatdown dragged.

Anyway to my original point this show was really fun and the matches were a blast, but the way this company is booked is kind of baffling to me sometimes.

Just finished a podcast on this show where my thoughts will be more fleshed out, but I thought this was a weird show where there were a lot of things that could have annoyed me, driven me to like the show less, et. but they all ended up working out for the best in the end. Probably the show of the year, though the commentary and presentation of certain things hurts these shows a lot to the point where a show like Takeover - which was clearly worse in the ring - seems about as strong as this show when you look at the total package.

The reason for the Kofi match and Kane coming out were absolutely mentioned and explained as a punishment during the show.

Anyway, maybe it's just my mood, but I thought most of the matches were lackluster until the main event.

Explain to me how John Cena suddenly starts throwing steps around when he apologized to his toddler fans only two PPVs ago for far less violent acts. If the rationale was that he snapped and did what he had to do to put away Bray Wyatt, that wasn't conveyed well - or at all - by the commentators. The finish was also the worst of the year (and we're only a month removed from the horrible forklift finish between Bryan and Kane) and maybe one of the worst I've ever seen in all my years as a fan. Just hokey crap!

Just about everything on the undercard disappointed me. Cesaro was booked like shit, losing to Sheamus in a bland momentum killing-match that the IWC will pretend to like just because Cesaro was in it. It's especially disappointing considering how well Cesaro has been booked otherwise since WrestleMania. I have nothing against Sheamus - I actually like him - but the WWE could have given Cesaro a different feud and let Sheamus beat someone else. It's plain bad storytelling. The WWE writers don't have a clue half the time, and I really wonder if they luck out when it comes to the other half.

Rybaxel is okay, I guess, but nothing they do excites me in the least. When Cody grabbed the mic, I didn't expect him to walk away from the team because he no longer believes in himself. That surprised me. I figured he would yell out "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!?!?!" to Goldust and then attack him. But maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic for Owen Hart. :)

I'm officially bored with Rusev now, and I tried to give him a chance. Big E goes from IC Champ to Rusev victim, which certainly can't help him and shows how little WWE values its belts now (not a new problem, but still). Rusev's WWE victims being mostly black must be some kind of racist internal rib only the front office finds funny. Big E did get some nice offense in, so I'll give him that. It's more than Truth and Creed got at least.

I'm even more bored with RVD, who looked old and was subtly made to look washed up by the commentators against Barrett.

Bryan/Brie/Steph was magical though. I could have listened to them for three hours. Paul Heyman was fun as well. And I love how both of them shut down the CM Punk chants. :)

The main event was great IMO. Did not expect a clean sweep by The Shield. Don't know if it will hold up during repeat viewings, but I was emotionally invested in the moment, and that's all that matters. I'd be pissed if I were Ambrose and Rollins though, after hearing one of the idiot commentators (King?) refer to Reigns as the "leader" of The Shield. That kind of bullshit does not help the "Hounds of Justice." Hell, it doesn't help Orton and Batista to still be second fiddle to HHH ten years later. They are probably in a worse position now than they were when Evolution was actually relevant. Oh well, I'm sick of all of them, so who cares. I do feel kind of bad for "Bluetista" though. He was put in an impossible situation at the Royal Rumble and has made everyone look like a million dollars since then. My heart can't help but go out to the big lug now. I hope he gets a second chance and face run after the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.

Decent PPV. I liked the two mains but they'd have been better without the ott booking. I'm glad they kept all three Shield looking strong rather than going the predictable Reigns route. Ambrose has really found his groove this year and is starting to look like a future star again.

I wish they'd start positioning the divas matches somewhere other than the piss break spot. The Kane nonsense should have gone there. I love Bo Dallas! He's getting over too which is good news. Steph's face when Brie annouced she'd quit was gold. What a vile, despicable, brilliant woman. I like the midgets stuff but the three cretins on commentary put me off watching the match.

Sheamus/Cesaro was my favourite match of the night and I could watch them two batter the shit out of each other all day. . oh hold on

Cesaro was booked like shit, losing to Sheamus in a bland momentum killing-match that the IWC will pretend to like just because Cesaro was in it.

Well you caught me! Rubbish match.