Pro Wrestling Only

Money In the Bank Thoughts

goodhelmet

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that Dean Ambrose is going to end up the next guy in the Daniel Bryan spot?

By which I mean he continues to get hugely over, but the company ignores it in favor of sticking with the status quo, possibly even to the point where the fans eventually turn on Reigns because they insist on pushing him over Ambrose.

Maybe I am wrong, but that pop tonight was huge.

I don't know if it'll get that big, but I can certainly see it happening. Ambrose's return got a huge pop and he was the best performer last night by a country mile. Reigns is very over too though, so I don't see the fans turning on him any time soon.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help it...I don't mean to be sexist or anything like that, I just don't like Women's wrestling....just isn't entertaining for me...

For what it was, Paige and Naomi had a decent match and both are really good athletes and can excel in all kinds of things and have WAY more talent than I ever will....just not entertaining for me ....Randy Orton is more entertaining, and he bores the shit outta me.

Have you seen Natalya vs. Charlotte from NXT Takeover? It was significantly better than any of the Orton-Bryan PPV matches.

Gonna use Smack's post to format my own...

PRE-SHOW: I missed it because it didn't get posted to the Network right after it aired. I found it as a "recommendation," but got an error message when I tried to load it. (WTF? I'm tired of what a clunky beta product the Network continues to feel like. When a bunch of people don't renew after the six months, this will be one of the reasons why.) It was eventually pulled from the recommendation screen. Anyway, they replayed "highlights" of the Daniel Bryan segment on the PPV itself. What a waste of Bryan. Goofy midcard spot with Bo (who I like too). Would they treat any other main eventer like this?

1. USOs © vs. Harper / Rowans - I wasn't as high on this as everyone else here. Felt really dull and clunky at first. Also ruined by the HORRENDOUS commentary that severely overpushed the likelihood of a Wyatt Family win, which completely sapped any drama and made it all but obvious that they were losing. I went into this thinking the Wyatts would win, but the boob crew ruined that for me. Not a bad match or anything, but nothing special either.

2. MITB - A lot of fun. I was actually rooting for Kofi and hoping against hope that he'd win. Some insane spots. I winced whenever that clumsy buffoon Swagger did anything. Because of him, I was half-convinced the Ambrose injury might have been real. The Rollins victory was probably the right way to go, but the Kane interference felt cheesy as hell. Still, that story continued in the second MITB match, so I kinda understand the rationale for it.

3. Paige © vs. Naomi - I actually really enjoyed this. A classic? No. But it was fun. Cameron's facials outside the ring were priceless.

4. Rusev vs. Big E - I grow more and more bored with Rusev's 1980s act and style, but this was a good match (as was last month's match with E). I hope E moves on from this and gets a renewed push. He actually had me believing he could pull off the win.

5. Stardust / Goldust vs. Rybaxel - Nothing amazing, but fun. Cody is really going all out with this act. Do the red eyes mean he's really a heel in disguise?

6. Summer Rae vs. Layla - This was more fun than it had any right to be. Not a classic, of course, but I enjoyed the (silly) story they were telling.

7. MITB World Title Match - Took time to get going, but the last few minutes were great, Cena won, which was disappointing, but that was to be expected after the SummerSlam poster leak. I was hoping Orton would win, only for Rollins to cash in and reform the Shield as a way of truly outsmarting The Authority. Would have been cool. Still, the Rollins heel turn has been a success, so I guess abandoning that would not have been wise.

OVERALL: Too many filler matches that belonged more on an episode of Main Event rather than a PPV. Nothing was bad, but would they have run this lineup as a $60 PPV? (I realize some people are still paying $60.) This was definitely a two-match card.

biggest issue I have with the end of the first ladder match is that it seems like a wasted opportunity. The crowd was so amped for a potential Ambrose win that I think they would have been better served to let him win and have his moment last night and then have the authority screw him out of the briefcase somehow in the coming weeks. The end result would have been the same (Rollins ends up with the contract), but it would have generated more heat on Rollins and Co. while also adding to Ambrose's momentum.

biggest issue I have with the end of the first ladder match is that it seems like a wasted opportunity. The crowd was so amped for a potential Ambrose win that I think they would have been better served to let him win and have his moment last night and then have the authority screw him out of the briefcase somehow in the coming weeks. The end result would have been the same (Rollins ends up with the contract), but it would have generated more heat on Rollins and Co. while also adding to Ambrose's momentum.

I've seen this sentiment all over the 'net and I can't agree. The way Rollins won wasn't very satisfying, but having Ambrose overcome his adversary now would have been jumping several steps ahead in the story. In order to build a big heel turn and big heel, that big heel has to win and be successful while the faces lose, are undermined, and have major obstacles to overcome. In order for Rollins to be an effective big heel, he has to be successful for a while. Having him lose his first big match a month into his heel turn would not have been good storytelling and it would've cooled him off as a heel in a bad way.

YES...exactly.....that is and was the right thing to do...

Ambrose getting the win eventually will be a huge deal....and much bigger than a one night pop that destroys weeks of possible build...

If Austin won the WWF Title in May of 97 when he was RED HOT, it would not have the same energy as continuing to build him to a much bigger crescendo...

The reactions Ambrose is getting is a testament to how easy it should be to book wrestling. The audience wants to see wrestlers beat the hell out of each other. All they need is an issue. It doesn't have to be complicated. Ambrose and Rollins are going to get each other over to the next level with this feud.

The reactions Ambrose is getting is a testament to how easy it should be to book wrestling. The audience wants to see wrestlers beat the hell out of each other. All they need is an issue. It doesn't have to be complicated. Ambrose and Rollins are going to get each other over to the next level with this feud.

so true - nothing gets a crowd going like a bunch of guys the fans feel legitimately hate each other.

That was a finish that really pissed if you off as a fan, but at the same time I think it really did help Ambrose and it gave an answer to the question of "why would Seth Rollins leave The Shield?" Well because having Kane stop everyone else from winning and holding the ladder for you so you can get MITB is a pretty nice perk.