Pro Wrestling Only

Night of Champions 2014 (Live as it happens)

goodhelmet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing ending to what could have been a great, arguably even historic, match. Not only did it make Rollins look a bit foolish, but it really just put the "who cares?" cherry on a "why try?" sundae. I wouldn't say any match on that show was absolutely terrible, but I'm not sure there was any part of it that I really thought was excellent. That final match could've left me happier, but with such a putrid ending, I almost have to say I liked the one-sided squash at SummerSlam better. At least that match left me with the feeling of "I've never seen that before."

Why in the world wouldn't Rollins just wait for the match to end and then cash in on the winner?

My brother explained this one pretty well. If you wait for Cena or Lesnar to win they will be on rough, but competitive shape, but costing Cena the match when Brock is on the verge of losing is much, much smarter play than waiting for the match to end. Still fucking stupid finish

Why in the world wouldn't Rollins just wait for the match to end and then cash in on the winner?

My brother explained this one pretty well. If you wait for Cena or Lesnar to win they will be on rough, but competitive shape, but costing Cena the match when Brock is on the verge of losing is much, much smarter play than waiting for the match to end. Still fucking stupid finish

No it wasn't. In no way shape or form was it.

Why?

1.) You're cashing in on Brock instead of Cena. No matter what happens Brock will come back and kill you (this will happen).

2.) There's a chance that Cena might take offense because you caused a DQ when he was about to win (this happened).

Brock vs. Cena was great. I loved how their built off of the SummerSlam match in a really smart and entertaining way. You don't get that sort of match to match progression in WWE very often (or anywhere for that matter).

The ending wasn't good (stating the obvious) but it wasn't a big turnoff for me or anything. Maybe that's not a good thing that I am either immune to those types of lousy finishes or I just don't care enough anymore to get upset about it. Like I said, it wasn't good but it didn't hit me as being unprecedented in its lousiness.