Pro Wrestling Only

The Fantastics

Grimmas

• 1 month later...

Super underrated team. My dream 80s tag team match would have been Fantastics vs. The Nightmares. I know that Rock N Roll Express vs. Midnight Express is the more "iconic" feud but I always thought that The Fantastics had better matches with MX. From Mid-South all the way to NWA/WCW. I've seen someone say they liked the Jackie Fulton version better which seems insane to me. Tommy Rogers was the star of the team to me but Bobby definitely held his own, especially when they were doing more brawling.

I haven't really seen any of their work from Japan though so I'm not sure how much that would help their case.

I already have them in my top five. I go back and forth on if the RNR or Fantastics are better all the time.

I especially love their offense. Even their selling is top notch. Rogers is only a peg below Morton when it comes to selling IMO.

The MX and Sheepherders are their best opponents overall. I do wish they had a little more variety. Still that won't stop them from being in the top five.

• 2 weeks later...

Fulton is very underrated. I'm kinda surprised about the love they seem to recieve here, as they are very much a workrate tag team. No wonder they ended up in Japan to end they career. I'm not sure where I stand with them anymore. Always liked them a lot, but my appreciation for Ricky Morton got up quite a bit after my WCW/SMW watch, so maybe I'd have the Rock'n Roll Express higher at this point. Or maybe not, and only Morton's stock went way up. Great team anyway.

• 7 months later...

I think they might be the best of that great group of teams from the 80's. Unbelievable face team, great fire, both Fulton and Rogers could go and they matched up well against everyone they faced all over. Probably the most dynamic team of their era and my favorite to watch a random match of, too. I'm with Joe and Parv on their placement, and I might even put them in my Top 5. They're that good to me.